CHAPTER FOURTEEN

" I hate that girl already " an angry Hassana barges into the room in anger

"Hey, you need to calm down. Where is Saddam?" Hussain asked as she faced her sister from where she was sitting on the bed.

" he has left" Hassana answered

" So now tell me who is this unfortunate girl you hate and by the way you nearly knocked down the door! "

Hassana huffs " Is it not that good for nothing maid? She is so getting on my nerves"

"What maid? "

" The new one, the one who always wakes us up" Hassana groaned

Hussaina made an 'O' sound "You still haven't told me what she did"

" She and Saddam knew each other way back," she said exasperated

Hussaina was confused " So? "

" you're asking me so? Don't you get it already? "

" look Hassana I don't understand you, if you know you can't elaborate more on this matter then let me be, and don't disturb my peace"

Hassana heaved a sigh " I think those two had once dated "

"Who told you that? Why would you say that? "

" Remember after we left the dining, I went over to meet Saddam, and just guess what I saw! I saw Saddam holding her hand. That isn't the worst of all, anytime she passed the living room, Saddam always stared at her while he was tutoring me! Can you believe that?! "

Hussaina grinned " I think now I get what your problem is. You're jealous of that girl. Please leave the poor girl alone, it isn't her fault that Saddam never liked you that way. Sorry to say this but they knew each other before you came into the picture. Possibly, it might be since they were young and you, you just got to know him at the University. Let them breathe freely Hassana. "

" as my sister is that what you should say to me? You're supposed to be on my side! We're twins, remember?"

"Just because we are twins doesn't mean I shouldn't tell you the truth. The truth hurts I know but you just can't force a relationship on anybody. It's not done that way" Hussaina advised

Hassana scowled " but still, he should have considered the fact that I'm rich and she is not. She is just a mere maid. I'm sure she dropped out since she was in secondary school"

" I've said my own Hassana. As you can see, I'm doing my assignment and I wouldn't want your angry self to distract me so shush up and let me concentrate "

***

Habeeb decides to surprise his brother in the office. Today was Faisal's birthday and he knew his brother must be upstairs loaded with piles of work when he should be home celebrating.

He flashed the secretary a smile who in return greeted him politely

" he is in the office, Sir "

Habeeb nodded " I know "

Habeeb didn't even knock, he barged in shouting "Birthday boy! "

Faisal couldn't believe his brother " I hope you know that this is an office, not your house"

Habeeb shrugged "Who cares" he finally took his seat

" so what brought you here? As far as I can remember it's over a year since you branch here " Faisal asked with a raised brow

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here to take you out "

Faisal lifted his upper lip in disgust " I hope you know how that sentence sounds"