CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Still in her bed is Hajiya Basira Dantata. At 11 am, one would think she might be up. It's sad to say the twins inherit this side of hers. Those three tend to be the last people to wake up in the house and whoever tries to disturb Hajiya Dantata's sleep is definitely in trouble.

She sighed softly in her sleep, enjoying whatever she was dreaming about. Her husband, alhaji Dantata had long gone to work together with Faisal.

***

Umm Rasheed gave Kalthum another personal lecture before going to the market. Kalthum took her bucket and moping stick and headed to the big boss's side of the mansion. The mansion has two long stairs to pass through. The one on the right is the way to the children's side while the one on the left is the parent's side.

Kalthum feared what was waiting for her over there. She has this dread feeling that something is likely to happen and she does not wish to be on Hajiya's basilar bad side, especially after all she has heard about her. Although, umm Rasheed told her not to worry she still felt scared.

The funniest of all is that she isn't the only maid working there but the sad part of it is that the five maids she would be working with had already shared where each one of them would be working without informing her not until now and It so happens that she was giving the worst part, which is the madam's room. It would have been better if she was given the big boss's room. At least from what she heard, he has no problem, unlike his wife.

She dropped the bucket and mopping stick on the floor so she could knock before entering. The moment she knocked on the door, she regretted it. She had forgotten what umm Rasheed told her about not knocking, instead, she should just enter without making noise because Hajiya dan tata hates disturbance.

How could she have forgotten

" WHO IS THAT STUPID PERSON "

Now she knew she was in deepshit. She thought of running away but remembered that her other colleagues would point at her if they were asked and since she is the one in charge of the room, there is no way out for her. She took in a deep breath and then pushed the door to make known herself.

The first thing Kalthum noticed as she entered was the hateful look she received from Hajiya Basira. One must sure squirm under her harsh gaze.

" So you're the foolish girl knocking? Weren't you told that I hate disturbance? Didn't the nanny tell you?!"

" i-i-i

" SPEAK UP!"

" I'm sorry ma. I forgot " she replied with her eyes glued to the floor

Hajiya Basira got down from bed fuming. She marched towards Kalthum, then did the unexpected. She slapped Kalthum right on the face trice and that slap must surely leave a mark.

Kalthum held her face in shock. Her eyes became teary. Never in her life has she ever been slapped like this, even her mother dares not to slap her like this.

" That's for being so stupid. When next you try this nonsense again, I'll make sure you go back to the slum you were picked from. GET OUT OF MAY FACE " Hajiya Basira shouted

Kalthum need not be told twice, she ran out of the room clutching her now swollen face, leaving the bucket and mopper behind. She ran not even sure of where to go, her only wish was to be far away from the wicked witch.

Due to the way she ran out like that, some of the maids already have a hint of what might have happened since they've gone through it too. They shot her a look of pity. She ran down the stairs and made way for the door.