CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

EID AL ADHA MUBARAK.May Allah accept our sacrifice and bless us with his Mercy. Ameen. Here is my sallah meat for y'all. Enjoy 😜😂😊

Habib looked at Kalthum like she had two heads. " I don't get what you're trying to say kalthum "

She heaved a sigh "This is why I find it hard to tell people the truth. I know it'll be hard to believe it but I promise, that's the truth "

He just couldn't believe his ears. Here he has been having good thoughts about Basma and now hearing this new info about her is just unbelievable.

" Can you please tell me everything and don't try missing a point "

She nodded " ok"

Kalthum stared at Habib as she began to tell him everything without missing anything. She even told him how she had been a pain in the neck to her and Habib was left speechless. He blinked once, twice, and even thrice! This wasn't what he had expected to hear.

"Are you trying to tell me that Basma did all this to you? And you didn't even tell me? "

Kalthum nodded "Yes but I don't care anymore. What she wanted all along has finally happened " she shrugged

" I just can't believe my ears. I never pictured her to be someone like that. I've always thought she is... Ah," he sighed. He had wanted to ask her out but hearing this has finally changed his mind.

Kalthum looked at Habib's annoyed face. She smiled and then said "It's in the past now. Let's just forget it. If Faisal had trusted me enough this fight between us wouldn't have happened "

Habib was still quiet. He had conflicted feelings about Basma's news. He raised his head to meet Kalthum's eyes " Do you think she is behind what happened between Faisal and you? "

She shrugged " She is the only one who knows Bashir in that house so she is the one behind this "

"  But don't you think my mother could also be involved too? Come to think of it, your break up came after her hand got fractured? Don't you think it's not just a coincidence? "

Kalthum thought about it for a while " But the thing is your mom doesn't know anything about Bashir unless Basma is working together with your mother. "

" I think so too"

Kalthum's mind went back to how Hajiya Basira always treats Basma " Ya habib? "

" yes? "

" What if our speculation is wrong? I mean, your mom does not like Basma at all. She always treats her badly. I've witnessed it too. What if your mom isn't even involved? "

Habib sighed " I don't know what to think kalthum. I don't know "

" The only thing I'm very sure about is that my sister Basma is the master plan to everything. She is the only one apart from Faisal who knows Bashir. I just wish I could slap her so badly "

" Do you want me to confront her? " Habib asked

" it's of no use. I know she will deny it "

" But we can at least try our best " he tried telling her

She shook her head " It won't change anything. The deed has been done. I'm tired of trying to make everyone know the truth. I'm too young for all these problems ya Habib. All I need to face right now is how I'm going to further my education. I have just four months left to look for money for my tuition "

Habib looked at her quizzically " What do you mean look for money? Weren't you given your salary? "

She smiled " I refused to accept it "