Chapter 6 - Dinner

A/N: I'm time skipping a lot, sorry, it's just there's only enough fluff I can put in. It should be on a regular time thing in the next few chapters.

Maddie POV:
I was in my room getting ready for our dinner tonight. My dad thought it would be good if he wall went out for a family dinner in honor of my first month with them.

I was looking through my closet for something to wear when Alex walked in to my room. "Hey sis."

"Hey," I told him still looking for something to wear.

"You need help?" He asked I was about to tell him no when we walked into my closet and pulled out a black dress, black heels, and black Gucci purse, that Sam bought me. "Try this."

I walked into my closet and put on the outfit he gave me. I looked in my mirror and wow, it looked amazing, he really knew how to dress. I walked out and he just stared at me.

"Do you not like it?" I asked.

"No, no, I mean," he was flustered trying to find type words. "You look beautiful Maddie." I blushed.

We both walked down stairs to see my brothers and father, all in suits, looking at me.

"Wow. Maddison, you look beautiful." My father said coming to the stairs to meet me. He kissed my forehead, then grabbed my hand and escorted me to the car.

We drove for a bit to a fancy looking restaurant called Francesca's.

"Maddie you ever been?" Kade asked me.

"You forgot I lived on the other side of the country dear brother." I teased him.

Alex playfully smacked his head. "Idiot," he mumbled.

"Right," Kade responded looking down.

We all got out and we're escorted to a beautiful private pavilion, with hanging lights, plants, and a small man made waterfall. The waitress walked over handing us our menus, then leaving, but not before she started hitting on Noah.

"Dude she's totally hitting on you," Alex told him.

"I know bro, but she's not my type," Noah responded.

"See anything you like Mads" Sam asked me, interrupting Alex and Noah's conversation.

Colton leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I would get the Fettuccine Alfredo, it's the best."

I thought about it for a sec, and I did like fettuccine Alfredo. "I'm probably going to get the Fettuccine Alfredo." Colton seemed to be happy by my decision.

The waitress came back and got our menus, once again hitting on Noah. Soon enough our food was here. My pasta was heaven. I was eating it up.

"Woah Mads slow down," Maddox told me chuckling.

"Ya your going to choke," Elias added.

I ended up slowing down, and eventually we all got dessert and walked back to the car. I was forced to sit in the middle seat of the Rolls Royce, in between Colton and Elias, "because I'm the youngest," as Colton put it.

We drove home and while we were walking inside my dad got a phone call. We were all in the living room when he walked in, tears in his eyes.

"Dad what's wrong?" I asked.

"Um Maddie, that was the hospital," he responded, I already dreaded the response.

"The chemos not working is it." I responded tears starting to come out.

"Maddison, your mother" he stopped "she died this afternoon." My heart sank, my mother, my mom, the one person that always cared for me, my best friend, the most amazing person I could ever ask for what dead.

"No...no...no that's w-w-wrong.....please say it's a mistake. PLEASE! PLEASE TELL ME ITS A MISTAKE!" He just looked at me, a face full of empathy and sadness. "No no please." My dad walked towards me and pulled my sobbing self into a tight hug. "No please, god please tell me this is a mistake." I said collapsing in his arms.

"I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry," was all he could say. I stood there sobbing in his arms, until I fell asleep.

In my slumber, I felt someone lift we up, bridal style and carry me. I felt myself being put on the bed and tucked in. "I am so sorry Mads, I of all people know what that feels like. I love you so much. Goodnight." A voice that sounded like Maddox said before kissing my forehead.