Chapter 52 - Wesley

Wesley POV:
I woke up in a new room, it took me a second to remember what happened the day before. I was adopted, I never thought I would be adopted, usually us foster kids have a age where people want to adopt you, and since I passed five I didn't think I would get adopted. Maddie and Elena seem really nice, I can tell they are trying to give me space and not overstep, which I appreciate. I didn't really get a chance to explore my room last night so I figured I should do it now. My room had a bathroom in it, with a large bath tub and shower. I've never been somewhere this nice before. All of my previous foster homes were small and I had to clean for the families.

I walked out of the bathroom and went to my suitcase which was on the floor, I went to it and grabbed a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and put it on. I found a note on the dresser from Maddie that read "Good morning Wesley, I hope you slept well. Elena and I didn't want to wake you up, but when you are ready feel free to come down for breakfast."

Something I haven't mentioned is I am really smart. My teachers put me in the gifted program at my school. They said I was reading at a fourth grade reading level despite being in first grade. Not a lot of people think I'm smart because of my stutter, but I only stutter because I'm shy.

After reading the note I carefully made my way downstairs, I figured there were a lot of expensive things in this house and I didn't want to break them. I walked into the kitchen to see Maddie and Elena at the kitchen island.

"Hey bud!" Maddie told me. I smiled slightly.

"How did you sleep?" Elena asked.

"A-a-alright." I replied timidly. I could tell Maddie and Elena were nice, but I was still scared or be around new people.

"Good." Elena smiled. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Um I-I-I'm fine with anything." I replied quietly.

"You like pancakes? Elena makes really good ones." Maddie said.

"O-O-Okay."

Elena smiled and got up from her seat. "Pancakes it is." She walked toward the cupboard to get ingredients. 

I sat down at the table next to Maddie. "So, what do you want to do today?" I shrugged not knowing what to say. "Well I was planning on taking you clothes shopping later, but we can do anything you want." She smiled sweetly.

"Um I don't really know w-w-what to do. I could get to k-k-know you better." 

"I would like that, and I want to get to know you." Maddie told me. A second later Elena came to the table with three plates, one for each of us.

I took a bite and it was amazing. I never tasted anything this good. "You like it?" Elena asked.

"Ya! Thank you" I replied. I realized I didn't stutter when I said that and I could feel myself getting more comfortable around them.

"So tell us about yourself, only if your comfortable tho." Elena told me.

"Um well. I'm Wesley, I'm six, I like legos and football." I stopped for I didn't really know what else to say.

"You like football?" Elena asked. I nodded. "Do you know how to play or do you just like to watch?"

"I like to watch. Well I have never played football, but I want to learn." I told them truthfully.

"You know Maddie's brothers played football, they could teach you." Elena told me. I didn't know Maddie had brothers, but then again I didn't ask.

"Do you think they would teach me?" I asked. I have always wanted to play football.

"Of course. I think your Uncle Colton and Uncle Kade would love to." Maddie told me.

I smiled. "So uh tell me something about you guys." I wanted to get to know them, really, I finally had a home and I wasn't going to waste it.

Maddie smiled. "Well I'm Maddie Santiago-Valentino, but you knew that already." She chuckled. "I like to draw, I have eight brothers," I was in awe. That's a lot of siblings. "Colton and Kade are the ones who played football, they would love to teach you. They taught me how to play when I was sixteen, so that I could play with them, so they are great teachers. I don't know what else to say, Elena?"

"I'm Elena Santiago-Valentino, I was born in Spain, I like to cook, and I have two brothers." Elena told me.

"How long have you two been together?" I asked. I knew they were married but I didn't know how long.

"Well we started dating when I was 15 and Elena was 16, and we have been together ever since." Maddie told me.

"Cool—" I told them. I was about to say more when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Maddie told us. She got up and walked to the door, Elena and I watching. She opened it to reveal a man who seemed a bit older than Maddie. They were talking, but I couldn't hear what they were saying, until the man made eye contact with me.

Maddie POV:
I opened the door to reveal my older brother Kade. "Hey, dad was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner tonight, all of us." Kade told me.

"Um, I don't know." I didn't want to run the risk of leaving Wes alone or overwhelming him with our entire family. "Also why didn't you just text me, instead of coming to the door." I told him sarcastically.

"Well if I texted you I wouldn't be able to come eat leftovers."

I rolled my eyes. "Do I need to call Lucinda to come feed you."

He chuckled until something caught his eye. I looked over to what he was looking at, and it was Wes. "Is that—" he looked back to me. I nodded. "MADDIE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU ADOPTED!" He yelled quietly.

"Calm down, I knew if I told you, everyone would be all over him, and he's quite shy and I don't want to overwhelm him. I was planning on telling everybody this weekend but I want him to be comfortable with us first."

"Maddie can I please meet him! Pwetttty pleasssse!"

"Kade your like 26 and you are seriously gonna use puppy dog eyes on me?"

"Please Maddie! I just want to meet him! I won't blab I swear. I did a good job keeping your wedding ring a secret, can't you trust me with this?"

I sighed. "Fine. But don't overwhelm him, don't break him, don't make him sad, don't do anything to make him upset—"

Kade cut me off. "Okay Mads I got it!"

We walked over to where Wes and Elena were sitting. "Wes, this is my brother, Kade. Kade this is Wesley, our son."

"Hey Wesley. How's it going?" Kade asked.

"G-G-Good." Wes replied timidly.

"This is the one that plays football." Elena leaned over to to tell Wes.

"You like football?" Kade asked. Wes nodded. "I'm gonna have to play with you some time."

~Time Skip : 5 Hours Later~
We just finished up buying clothes at the mall for Wes. As much as Elena wanted to come she had to talk to Kade about getting more security at the house to make sure nothing happens to our precious Wes. I was looking in the rear view mirror when I saw Wes had fallen asleep. I drove home and carefully carried him upstairs. I tried to not wake him but, when I sat him down on the bed and tucked him in he drowsily said "Thanks Mom" before falling back to sleep. Mom. That word meant so much to me I couldn't even explain it. I smiled and walked out of the room beaming with happiness.