Chapter 56 - Adoption and Truth

Maddie POV:
I walked into the hallway after turning off the light for Layne and Liam. My first call was to our family doctor, Doctor Gray, he was actually the mafia doctor, and would treat our men or my family if injured. It was now 6am so he would've up. Then again, he is always ready to give medical attention at anytime if needed.

(M=Maddie, D=Doctor Gray)

M: Good morning doc.

D: good morning you as well, is something wrong, do I need to be there ASAP?

M: Yes and No, I need you to check out a teenage girl who is living with me. She is very sick. She is currently sleeping so please come in around 3 hours.

D: Of Course, I assume the origin of this girl is on a don't ask don't tell basis.

M: that would be correct.

D: no problem.

M: I would also appreciate if you didn't tell my father about this visit.

D: okay. I will see you then. Bye.

M: bye.

I hung up the phone and heard a "What was that about" from behind me. It was Elena. I turned around.

"Good morning baby." I walked over and kissed her. "Elena, I have something to show you, I will explain everything, but don't freak out." She looked nervous I walked her down the hallway and opened the guest room where Liam and Layne were sleeping. She gasped quietly and I closed the door.

"Maddie who are those kids!" Elena whisper yelled.

"Come downstairs and I'll explain everything." We walked downstairs and I made a mental note to clean up the shattered vase. We sat down at the dining room table and I told her everything. The break in, Liam, their old foster family, Laynes sickness.

Once I was done telling Elena the story Elena asked me "What are you going to do?"

"Well I called the doctor to check out Layne." She looked at me knowing that was the question she wanted a answer to. "I am going to call Susan. I want them to go to a safe and loving home. They have already been through so much."

Elena grabbed my hand. "Like ours?" She knew exactly what I was thinking. I nodded. We heard movement from upstairs, "Looks like the boys are awake." We both chuckled. "I'm going to go check on them. Call Susan. I'll back whatever decision you decide on. Do you want me to explain to the boys what's happening." I nodded. She kissed my forehead and walked back upstairs. I was going to call Susan, when I figured I would make breakfast first.

I made pancakes and scrambled eggs, as I did Liam walked downstairs. "Morning." He said.

"Morning," I told him back. "Shouldn't you be sleeping? You got in bed for—what—a hour? Aren't you tired?"

"I usually sleep an hour if I'm lucky. I'm used to it." I nodded. "Layne is still asleep tho."

"Well I'm making breakfast, you can sit at the table, on the island, or you can eat in your room. It's your choice." I could tell he noticed when I said your room. In all honesty, I knew I wanted to adopt him then and there. I wanted him and Layne to go into a safe and living home, and I knew I could only be sure if they were, if it was ours.

"I'll eat on the island. Layne probably won't wake up for a few hours."

Elena walked down stairs with Dylan and Wes at her side. It caught the attention of all of us. "Liam this is my wife, Elena, and our sons, Wesley and Dylan." I told him. He waved and they waved back. "Wes, Dylan, Elena, this is Liam."