Chapter 53 - Meeting Our Family

Maddie POV:
It's been three days since we adopted Wesley, and he is already become so comfortable being himself around us. He hasn't stuttered when he talks to us and he started calling us mom, which Elena and I were supper happy about. To avoid confusion when talking about us, Wes likes to call me Mom and he likes to call Elena Mama.

Elena and I could not be happier. I was on my way up to Wes's room to wake him up, today he was meeting everyone. We allowed him to become comfortable with us before he meets the herd that is our family.

I walked into his room and saw him picking out a outfit. "Hey bud, you ready to meet everyone today?" I asked him.

"I'm a little nervous." He replied grabbing his blue shirt out of the dresser.

"Don't be, everyone is going to love you. And you can meet your Uncle Knox. He's only a year older than you, so you guys can become friends."

Elena walked in stopping in the doorframe. "Babe, I just called everyone, they are on their way over. Do you want me to explain it to them before or during meeting Wes?" Elena asked.

"I feel like it would be better if you told them in advance, then I will bring Wes down." I responded. "Plus it gives Wes time to get ready."

Elena POV:
I walked downstairs and the doorbell rang. I answered it to be greeted by my mother and father, soon followed by my brothers, Maddie's parents, and her brothers. They all sat on the couch.

"So you are all probably wonder why you are here." I told them they all nodded. "Well a few days ago Maddie and I adopted."

"WHAT?!" "You didn't tell us!" "How many days ago?" "Who is it?" Was heard around the room.

"Guys calm down, we didn't tell you right away because we wanted Wes—our son—to be comfortable around us first. But that's why you are here. He's finally comfortable enough to meet you all."

"When can we see him?" My mother asked.

"Right now, just please be careful around him, he's quite shy." I turned to face the stairs. "MADDIE WE ARE READY!" I yelled.

A minute later Maddie walked down with Wes holding hands. Everyone gasped. "He's so cute!" "I finally have a grand baby!" "I'm a Uncle!" Was heard around the room.

"Everyone this is Wes," Maddie started. "Wes these are your grandparents; Grandpa Lorenzo, Grandma Mirabella, Grandpa Esteban, and Grandma Sophia." She said pointing at each of then. All of them said hi to Wes. "And these are all your uncles; Uncles Maddox, Noah, Alex, Elias, Sam, Kade, Colton, Knox, Mateo, and Max."

Everyone formed a group hug around Wes, and we spent the rest of the day letting Wesley get to know his new, very large family.