4.

Edward's POV:

Y/n has been gone for quite some time now. She's making me nervous because she was acting really abnormal.

"She's fine Edward, just like what she said, she's just going on a hike I'm sure she'll be back soon." Esme calms me down.

I decided to call her just for good measures.

No answer.

I call her again.

No answer.

I can't stand not knowing where she is any longer, I have to go find her. I know that I hover around her too much and always want to know where she is, but I can't take the chances of her being hurt and losing another person that I love with all my heart.

Just as I was about to walk out the front door my phone starts ringing.

I look down and y/n's name appears in big letter on my screen.

Oh thank god.

"Y/n are you okay? I have been trying to call you but you wouldn't pick up." Concern is laced in my voice.

"Yeah I'm fine it's just I got lost in here and I need help getting back. I'm standing on a huge fallen tree if that helps. I don't know where the hell I am." She whines.

I almost chuckle at her humor.

"Okay I know here that is, just stay there and I will be there in a couple of minutes." I start to put my shoes on.

"Okay thanks bye, I'll be waiting."

"Bye I love you."

"I love you too." She hesitantly says.

I was going to ask her why she said it like that but she hung up before it could move past my lips.

I didn't actually know where the fallen tree was but with my hearing, smell, and eyesight I'm pretty sure I could figure it out.

The first minute in the woods I could hear her heartbeat and smell her intoxicating blood.

A few second later she comes into my eyesight.

"Oh thank god! I thought I was going to be out here until dark. You know I don't like it when it's pitch black outside." Relief evident in her voice.

"You know I'm always here for you." I smile at her.

"Okay Right now is not the time to get all lovey dovey." She's laughs, "Help me down now."

"How'd you even get up there?" I chuckle.

"I don't even know, but all I know is that it took some time and I got a few scratches." She frowns.

"Just jump to me." I put my hands up.

"Are you crazy? You'll drop me."

"No I won't, just trust me."

"Fine." She sighs.

When she come up with the courage, she jumps into my arms.

"Told you I would catch you." I smirk.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

I put her down and grab her hand ready to head back to the house.

Y/n's POV:

Edward's familiar cold hand wraps around mine.

We only walk a few feet and Edward immediately stops in his tracks and his body turns rigid.

"Edward what's wro-." I stop talking when I hear a voice behind us.