Chapter 2

Moments passed without a word. Behind (Y/N), Suna's face was turning a bright red, trying to hold in his laughter.

"Thanks." Miya said in a low, flat tone, with a small hint of sarcasm. "I like your hair." He continued, but this time his voice did not hold a single note of mockery. He was used to this frequent occurrence and didn't really mind the accidental insults.

(Y/N) was shocked. She had expected a more dramatic reaction from the asshole but instead he quietly accepted the insult. 'And he complimented me? What the heck is up with this guy?' She thought to herself.

"(Y/N) is eating with us today." Said Suna, with a funny smile on his face. Miya just nodded and they followed him to a table. With Suna and Miya sitting across from her, they began to eat their lunches, (Y/N) eyeing Miya's delicious-looking bento. He seemed to notice the hungry stares at his food and picked out an onigiri, holding it out to (Y/N).

"(L/N)-San, would you like one?" He asked.

She reluctantly grabbed it from his hands and took a bite out of the soft rice ball. Her eyes widened at the delicious taste and she mumbled a "Thanks." with her mouth full.

"Osam- I mean... Atsumu-San makes his food all by himself." Said Suna with a grin. (Y/N) looked in astonishment at the grey-haired boy. Had she misjudged him at first? Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. She continued munching on the tasty rice ball, seeing Suna hold in another laugh.

"What?"

"Pfft. Nothing."

(Y/N) heard shuffling beside the table and turned to see an unfamiliar boy and girl. The boy slid in the seat beside her. He had silver hair with black frosted tips and a stern look plastered on his face. The slim, tall, girl who had been accompanying him made herself comfortable on the other side of (Y/N), giving her a beaming smile.

"Hello! I don't think we've met before, I'm Koharu Ishida! Are you new?" The girl asked excitedly, extending her hand. (Y/N) shook it.

"Yes. I'm (L/N)(Y/N)." She said, surprised at this strangers kindness.

"This is Kita-Chan!" Koharu said, pointing at the other boy.

"Kita-San, please." He corrected her and she rolled her eyes.

"Nice to meet you both." (Y/N) said politely. This Kita boy scared her a little, but Koharu seemed nice enough.

"I see you've made friends with Suna-San and Osa-" Kita began, but Suna reached over and clapped his hand over Kita's mouth.

"Atsumu-San!" Suna finished Kita's sentence with a grin.

Kita glanced over at Miya and Suna with a disapproving look, "Can you please not play this stupid game again?" He asked flatly. (Y/N) just stared in confusion at her two boys, who snickered.

"What game?"

"You'll see." Koharu giggled.

Lunchtime progressed and (Y/N) was able to learn a bit more about her new friends. Both Kita and Koharu were third years, with Kita being the captain of the Inarizaki boy's volleyball team, and Koharu being the manager for the club. She also noticed that Miya and Suna seemed to have more quiet and introverted personalities, yet they could both be very funny if they chose to. (Y/N) didn't understand Miya's sudden change in behavior but decided to let it slide and start fresh with him. Throughout the hour, more of the boy's volleyball team began to join the table and (Y/N) found herself having a great time with these new people.

Lunch ended and (Y/N) was left in a good mood.

(Y/N), Miya, and Suna departed from the group and began their walk back to the class. As they turned the corner, Miya abruptly split off and walked in a different direction, away from their classroom. Confused, (Y/N) turned to Suna, who said nothing.

They sat down in their seats and class began.

After what seemed like ages, the bell rang and the students were dismissed. (Y/N) leisurely gathered her belongings and trudged towards the door. At the front of the class she stopped, seeing Miya approaching from the back of the class. His hair shining golden-blond.

'What the hell is going on with his hair?' (Y/N) thought, with a puzzled look on her face.

"What are you looking at, weirdo?" Miya growled in a hostile tone.

(Y/N) was taken aback by his sudden bitterness.

"Excuse me? Wh-"

"Atsumu let's go." Said a voice from the doorway.

(Y/N) Swiveled to Miya at the door. Wait no, Miya was standing beside her. She gawked as the truth finally hit her. She looked at the grey-haired boy at the door, and then back at the blond-haired boy at the front of the classroom.

There are two of them!?

The pieces finally were falling into place. (Y/N) finally understood Atsumu's strange behavior at lunch, because in fact, it wasn't Atsumu she was eating with.

The grey-haired boy could see (Y/N)'s wheels turning in her head and chuckled. He extended his hand to her.

"Miya Osamu. Nice to meet you."

(Y/N)'s face went beet red, realizing she had called this boy a stupid old man the first time he had met her.

"Osamu, can you stop talking to the loser. We're gonna be late for practice." Atsumu brushed past (Y/N) and dragged his brother out from the doorway and into the hall. (Y/N) Stood there like an idiot, trying to process the scene that had just unfolded before her eyes.

Coming up from behind her, Suna ruffled her hair and grinned. (Y/N) just rolled her eyes at him.

"Why didn't you guys tell me?"

"It was funny."

She rolled her eyes again and the two left the class.

---

(Y/N) shuffled into the door of her new house. She glanced around taking in the view of the numerous piles of boxes taking up the space. She stepped around them carefully, making sure not to trip. The last thing she wanted was to land on her wrist again. Emerging from the hall into the kitchen, (Y/N) spotted her mother unpacking appliances and placing them into the cupboards. Her mother looked up and smiled.

"How was your first day at school, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) thought for a moment. "It was eventful." She said, thinking back on what had happened.

"I wasn't able to go shopping for food today because I was busy with the movers." Her mother said apologetically, "I managed to grab some takeout for your dinner though."

(Y/N) looked over at the little white takeout boxes on the counter.

"Thanks Mom." (Y/N) smiled.

She turned towards the stairs, as she made her way up to her room, her mother called out to her.

"(Y/N)! I forgot to mention, your father's coworker was kind enough to invite us for dinner tomorrow."

---

The next morning, (Y/N) hopped out of bed, getting ready for school in a flurry. She was about to walk out the door, but paused, remembering something. Sprinting to her room she snatched her athletic tape and scurried out the front door. Looking down at her hand, she began walking to school and taping her wrist at the same time. Turning a corner she flexed her hand out in front of her, feeling satisfied with the extra support. She glanced up, a little too late, walking straight into a boy.