Chapter 30

"Do you want one too?" (Y/N) offered Atsumu a mochi ball from the bag.

"Don't worry, you have them."

"You bought them so you better have some." Selecting one, she reached up and stuffed it in Atsumu's mouth. "Oopsie." She giggled, "There's powder all over your face now."

After chewing the mochi, Atsumu scrunched up his nose and wiped off the white powder from his face.

"You missed a spot." (Y/N) stood on her tiptoes and leaned towards him, lightly brushing the excess powder off from the corner of his mouth with her thumb. She lowered herself and returned her attention to the market.

Atsumu stood frozen on the spot. He had lost all sense when (Y/N) had come that close and reached towards his face. To him, it had looked like she was going to... kiss... 'ARGH SNAP OUT OF IT.' He thought to himself in embarrassment.

(Y/N) was completely oblivious to Atsumu's flustered behavior and ran over to a stand selling deep-fried calamari. He followed her wearing a dazed expression.

Suna and Osamu peeked at the two, hidden behind a stall.

"You're right about Atsumu." Said Suna smugly, "Look at the stupid look on his face now. He definitely likes her. The thing is I don't think he wants to admit it to himself."

"There's no question about it. But now I want to know how (Y/N) feels about my brother." Osamu said, deep in his thoughts.

"Yeah..." Suna's eyes wandered around the market, then landed on something. His face changed to a wicked grin, "Osamu, let's do something fun..."

---

Atsumu had managed to relax and now he walked in step with (Y/N) through the street. He didn't know why he had been acting like this with her recently. All he knew was that he felt the urge to spend time with her and see her cute face. Atsumu couldn't exactly identify the feeling he felt when he was with (Y/N), but he figured it was probably just admiration for her.

"Woah Atsumu look at the masks!" She pointed to a stand. It had a large rack that hung countless masks ranging in color, size, and style.

They maneuvered their way through the crowds of people until they reached the masks.

"Look at all of the different kinds." (Y/N) reached out and picked up a Kitsune mask and inspected the strokes of beautiful red paint that had been brushed on.

She set it back and motioned to another interesting one. Out of nowhere she felt a light tap on her shoulder. (Y/N) spun around and found herself face to face with a demon.

She yelped loudly and jumped backwards, straight into the arms of Atsumu, her face buried in his chest. He held the trembling girl tightly and protectively, wondering what in the world had scared her. He looked up from (Y/N), paused, then burst out laughing.

Suna was standing a few feet away wearing a large demon mask on his face. Behind him, Osamu was snickering quietly.

"(Y/N)." Atsumu ruffled her hair, "You're such a scaredy-cat."

Pulling her face out from his shirt, (Y/N) peeked behind her to see Suna and Osamu. Her mood flipped instantly, she released herself from Atsumu and ran after Suna.

"SUNA YOU STUPID BITCH I SWEAR IF I GET MY HANDS ON YOU I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR ANKLES WITH A BAT." (Y/N) chased him down in a frenzy.

The twins kept Suna and (Y/N) in sight and followed them down the block in amusement.

"So earlier, why did you and Suna leave so suddenly?" Atsumu asked his brother curiously.

"Oh, Suna and I saw some really good food and we ran to buy it before the line got too long." Osamu lied.

"That's all?" Atsumu questioned.

"And then we saw the demon mask and thought it would be funny to buy it and scare (Y/N)."

"I have to say, that was the funniest thing I've seen all day." Atsumu grinned, "You'd think it would take a lot more to scare her."

They finally caught up to Suna and (Y/N), who were bent over and panting from their high-speed chase. Once they had caught their breath, the group wandered further into the market, enjoying the atmosphere.

(Y/N) had appeared to have already forgotten about Suna's scare and was chatting with him, "Did you end up finishing the project with Akari?" She asked.

Suna chuckled, "Nope. She didn't want to speak to me after we deleted the video off of her phone so we ended up handing it in incomplete."

"You better not let your grades drop too low or else you won't be able to play volleyball." Osamu chided.

"Sure Mom." Suna rolled his eyes.

At this point, the four of them were nearing the end of the market and they agreed it was probably a good time to split up and go home. It was getting quite late and (Y/N) was feeling ready to snuggle up into bed.

"Bye guys!" She waved goodbye and started down the street towards the bus stop.

She had only taken a few steps when a voice called out to her, "Wait!" (Y/N) swiveled around to see Atsumu coming towards her.

He stopped in front of (Y/N) and looked her in the eyes, "I wanted to give you something."

"Give me something?" She shook her head, "Ahh no worries, you already bought me the mochi balls. No need to spoil me with anything else."

"Don't be stubborn (Y/N), you're gonna want this." Atsumu reached into his back pocket, pulled out a slip of paper, and handed it to (Y/N).

"Is this..." Her eyes widened, "A ticket for the Japan vs Korea game?"

"Yeah. I want you to come with me, it's this Wednesday. We would have to miss school since we need to take a train to Tokyo, but it'll be worth it."

"B-but shouldn't Osamu go with you? Why me?" She stuttered.

"Osamu has a test in school that day that he can't skip. Plus, I want to go with you." He replied.

"I can't believe this..." She cracked a huge smile, "Thank you Atsumu!"