Chapter 9

"Where should I leave my shoes?"

"On the mat beside the door." (Y/N) mumbled, wondering how she got into this ridiculous situation.

She led Atsumu to the kitchen, where her mother had cooked a large pot of sesame soba noodles. (Y/N) lifted the lid, the delicious aroma wafting out into the air.

"Mmm, those smell amazing." Atsumu lowered his head down to the pot, getting a good whiff of his lunch.

(Y/N) smacked him with the lid, "Don't put your face so close to the food."

She served one bowl of noodles for him, and one for herself, then placed them on the table.

"Would you like anything to drink?" She asked.

"Water please."

She filled and carried two water glasses towards the table, when suddenly her foot caught on a stray box left over from the movers. (Y/N) tripped, lurching forward, falling straight into Atsumu, water splashing all over both of them. He clutched her arms and steadied her.

"I'M SO SORRY." (Y/N) was horrified, even if she wasn't the biggest fan of Atsumu, she felt terrible for getting water all over his clothes.

(Y/N) placed the empty cups of water on the counter and saw Atsumu wasn't looking at her. He didn't say a word and for a moment (Y/N) thought he was going to yell at her. Out of nowhere, Atsumu let out a stifled laugh and poked (Y/N)'s nose.

"(Y/N), you are way too clumsy." He teased.

He shuffled his foot and realized a second too late that the floor was slippery from the spillage. He tried to catch himself by grabbing onto (Y/N) but ended up pulling her down with him. They tumbled onto the wet floor, with (Y/N) falling on top of Atsumu, her face buried in his chest.

(Y/N) lifted her head up, making eye contact with Atsumu. Her face went beet red, noticing her position on top of him. She quickly shifted off of him and sat on the damp floor, surveying the mess they had made. Atsumu stood up and offered (Y/N) a hand. She hesitantly took it and he hauled her up.

Together, the two mopped up the water from the kitchen floor, staying cautious of the slippery floor. (Y/N) looked down at Atsumu's soaking wet shirt, then at her own.

"I'll be right back." Said (Y/N), running upstairs.

She opened the door to her room and found a clean sweater that she could wear. Stripping her damp shirt off, she changed into the dry hoodie. Next, (Y/N) crossed the hall to her mother and father's room, snatching a shirt from her dad's closet.

Atsumu wondered what (Y/N) was doing and was about to go and check on her, when he heard her footsteps thumping down the stairs. She entered the kitchen and tossed a clean shirt at him.

"Thanks." He smiled.

Without warning, Atsumu slid off his wet shirt and tossed it to the side, revealing his athletic body. She gaped, seeing his strong build and toned muscles. Snapping out of her shock, she immediately looked away.

"ATSUMU DON'T CHANGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE KITCHEN!" She squealed.

"Too late." He said with an amused smile, pulling the new shirt over his head.

(Y/N) sighed, "Let's just eat."

Both Atsumu and (Y/N) shovelled down the delicious noodles, exhausted from their morning exercise. (Y/N) picked up the television remote and turned on the TV. She flipped through channels until she finally landed on the one she had been looking for. It was a volleyball game.

"No way! Team Japan versus Italy?" Atsumu stared at the TV in excitement.

"Yeah, it's going to be a really interesting game to watch." (Y/N) replied.

She stood up and brought their empty lunch bowls to the sink. When she turned back, Atsumu had already gotten up, crossed the room, and plopped himself right in front of the television. He seemed to be in some sort of a trance watching the national volleyball team compete. (Y/N) walked towards Atsumu and settled herself beside him, curious to see what was happening in the game.

After some time, (Y/N)'s mother finished her gardening. She stepped into the room, seeing the two teenagers glued to the TV, watching a volleyball match. 'How cute.' She thought to herself.

---

Atsumu left in the late afternoon, once the volleyball game had ended. (Y/N) flopped onto her bed, drained from the eventful day. She thought back to Italy's match point of the game, where the Japanese setter had tossed the ball to the wing spiker, who was faced with a triple block. He had spiked the ball, only to be stopped by the massive wall in his way.

"One day I'm going to be the setter for the national team." Atsumu had said abruptly. "I will set my teammates up to break through any wall."

(Y/N) hadn't responded, not knowing what to say to that comment. But she began to feel a newfound appreciation for Ass-tsumu. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. She even wouldn't mind spending more time with him, that was, only if he sorted things out with Akari. She was fed up with him acting like a jerk when he was with Akari. What could the psycho bitch know that could make him follow her so obediently? She must be threatening him with something more than petty gossip.

(Y/N)'s phone buzzed and she picked it up.

Atsumu Miya
Active now
---------------------------------

Atsumu: [Hey (Y/N)-Channn~]
Atsumu:[U accidentally left me on read:( ]
Atsumu:[Are u ignoring me (Y/N)-Chan?]
Atsumu:[Today was fun :)]

She sighed. Finally deciding to answer him.

Atsumu Miya
Active now
---------------------------------

Atsumu: [Hey (Y/N)-Channn~]
Atsumu:[U accidentally left me on read:( ]
Atsumu:[Are u ignoring me (Y/N)-Chan?]
Atsumu:[Today was fun :)]
(Y/N):[Yea. It was]