Chapter 26

(Y/N) made her way towards the club room, where she had left her volleyball bag. Upon arriving, she tried the door and luckily it was unlocked. She fumbled for the lights until she found them. The room lit up and she spotted her bag, which she had thrown in the corner earlier. She picked it up and slung it over her shoulder, flicking off the light switch as she left.

(Y/N) was a bit nervous to tell Atsumu about what they had done with the video. She hoped he would be appreciative, but she still felt a bit worried that he would get angry. Even though they had helped him, she couldn't ignore that they had gotten involved with Atsumu's personal business without telling him. What if he yelled at her for meddling in his issues? (Y/N) took a deep breath and shook the thought aside.

She checked her phone to see it was time for her to go back and watch the boys play. As (Y/N) neared the gymnasium once again, she suddenly veered down a different hall and ran up the flight of stairs. This was finally her opportunity to get the drink from the vending machine and she figured the little detour wouldn't take long. She happily bought the drink and finally returned to the gym.

She pulled open the gymnasium doors to see the boy's team stretching and doing their warm up. She walked along the edge of the court until she reached Koharu, who was sitting and watching.

"(Y/N)!" Koharu's face lit up, then turned to confusion, "Aren't you sick? The girls already finished their practice. Why are you here?"

"Ahh, I was feeling a lot better so I thought I would watch the boys play for a bit and then do some individual training afterwards." (Y/N) replied.

"Wow you're so motivated!" The manager gazed at her in awe, "No wonder you've become such a volleyball star."

"Star?" (Y/N) snorted.

"I'm serious! I've heard from Sachi and some of your other teammates that you've already surpassed the skill level of the team's ace. So I guess that means..." She thought for a second, "That you're the new ace of the team!"

"You're crazy." She flicked Koharu in the head playfully, "I haven't played with them for that long, I can't be considered the ace."

"We'll see about that." Koharu grinned.

They switched their attention to the court in front of them. The team had starting spiking practice and they were truly incredible. At this rate, there was no doubt that they would make it to the Spring Nationals tournament. They had a solid defence, along with a consistent and powerful offence. All of these players put together created a very strong team, but behind it all, what really held them together was their setter.

Atsumu's tosses allowed the spiker to hit to their full potential, regardless of the block on the other side of the net. He was able to set up all of his teammates for success.

(Y/N)'s eyes drifted over to the blond setter. She watched his form as he set the ball with perfect precision to the middle blocker. He possessed pure talent. 'Anyone who can't hit his sets probably sucks.' She thought, laughing to herself.

Atsumu set another flawless ball and looked over to the bench, catching (Y/N) watching his tosses. She immediately averted her eyes, realizing she had been staring at him for a while now. Atsumu turned away and smiled to himself, enjoying the fact that (Y/N) had been looking at him in admiration.

(Y/N) was so absorbed in the practice that she almost didn't realize when it was over. As the team began packing up she quickly ran and got changed. When she got back, most of the players had already left to go home. Thankfully they had left the net up for her. She heard the soft sound of a ball and she noticed that standing in the middle of the court, setting to himself, was Atsumu.

Hearing her footsteps, he caught the ball and faced her, "Let me toss to you for a bit. Akari is supposed to come and meet me here soon, so I may as well practice a bit more while I wait." He set her a ball and she hit a sharp cross.

"Atsumu, about that..." She breathed as he tossed her another set, "You don't have to go out with her tonight."

Atsumu chuckled, "Actually yes I do. You know how Akari is. She was so persistent that saying no wasn't exactly an option for me."

"Atsumu I'm serious!" (Y/N) blurted out, "We found out about the video and-"

He stopped and dropped the ball, "You WHAT?!" He looked horrified, "And you said WE?! Who knows about this?! No no no this is so bad." He put his hand up to his face and cursed.

"Wait Atsumu!" She took a step towards him but he took a step back.

"This wasn't supposed to happen." He said in a panicked tone. She had never seen him like this before.

"ATSUMU STOP." She grabbed both of his hands and stared him dead in the eyes, "Yes, me, Suna, and your brother know about the video Akari had of you. But we came up with a plan and deleted it. That's why Osamu was dressed up as you earlier."

"Wh-what?" Atsumu's brown eyes widened in shock.

"It's gone now, so you don't have to listen to what Akari says anymore." She said, loosening her grip on his hands.

Atsumu had no words. He just stood there in silence with his mouth slightly open.

(Y/N) began to speak again, "I-" But she was cut off by Atsumu, who moved forward and wrapped his arms around her into an embrace. He buried his face into her hair. (Y/N) smelled like strawberries.

"You don't know how thankful I am." He mumbled with his eyes closed, "I was beginning to go crazy having to do everything she asked me to."

(Y/N) stood awkwardly at first, then brought her arms up and hugged him back. They stood for what seemed like forever until she finally pulled back.

"Can you toss me a few more balls?" She asked.

"Oh- yeah sure." He replied, slightly disappointed that she had let go.

They resumed their practice, both playing intensely. Atsumu felt as if he was as free as ever, the weight he had been carrying for so long finally lifted off of his chest. This was clearly influencing his tosses, which were even better than usual.

"Ahem." A voice suddenly interrupted from the gym entrance.

(Y/N) and Atsumu halted abruptly and turned to see who it was. Akari was leaning against the door with an impatient expression on her face.

"Hurry up Atsumu. It's time for you to take me out for our dinner date. Stop wasting your time playing with this little geek." She grimaced at (Y/N) in disgust.

Atsumu straightened up, giving Akari such an expressionless he could have passed for Osamu.

"No."