Chapter 5

He placed his controller on the floor, pulling his phone out from his pocket. He glanced at the screen and grimaced. (Y/N) discreetly peeked over and saw the caller was Akari.

"I've got to take this." He said standing up, leaving the room, and closing the door.

"Finally he's gone." (Y/N) sighed in relief, "How come he's stopped with the nasty comments? Is it because I'm a guest tonight?"

"I don't think so." Replied Osamu, "He's been acting weird recently, sometimes he's normal, then out of the blue he lashes out."

(Y/N) remembered what Kita had said to her earlier on the way to school. She then thought of his contradicting behavior, as well as the grimace he had made seeing Akari calling him on his phone. Something was definitely fishy.

Osamu and (Y/N) continued to play the game, and though he couldn't seem to win, he felt happy playing with (Y/N). Atsumu never returned and (Y/N) giggled saying it was because of her superior gaming skills.

"(Y/N)! Come downstairs, it's time to leave." She heard her father call.

She stood up, catching a glimpse of something out of Osamu's window.

"Woah! You have a volleyball court in your backyard?!" She exclaimed eagerly. There was an open patch of grass where a net had been set up.

"Yea, you can come and play once you're healed." He said casually, pointing at her bandaged wrist. (Y/N) stepped towards the door and gave him a thumbs up.

"Sounds like a plan! Thanks for tonight, I had lots of fun."

Osamu nodded and (Y/N) left his room, walking towards the stairs. Standing on the top step was a figure, who she quickly identified as Atsumu. She cursed to herself, she had hoped he had gone to bed already. Approaching the staircase, she tried to slip past him but he blocked her path. He looked down at her, his face only inches away from hers, she held her gaze with his deep brown eyes for a moment.

"I-" He started.

"Shut up." (Y/N) pushed past him and began to speed down the stairs.

"(Y/N)!" He grabbed her wrist and she whipped around. (Y/N) winced and he loosened his grip, seeing the bandages. He pulled out a yellow wallet from his pocket and placed it in her hand.

"M-my wallet?"

"You dropped it today." Atsumu said softly. She looked at him inquisitively, not knowing how to respond, though he definitely wasn't getting a thank you. A few moments of silence passed, neither saying a word.

"Uh, thanks for coming. I think Osamu enjoyed himself." He finally said, "That's probably the first time he's had a girl in his room." He added chuckling, seemingly trying to lighten the mood.

(Y/N) paused for a moment. Why was he trying to be nice all of a sudden?

"Are you sure about that?" She said, eyeing him mockingly, "I thought I was an 'ugly boy'." And with that, (Y/N) turned and descended down the steps.

Atsumu watched in silence from the top step as she and her family said their goodbyes to his parents and left.

Outside the house, (Y/N) examined her wallet, noting that nothing had been taken from it. Atsumu was an ass, but thankfully he wasn't a thief. Looking closer, she could see a very slight discoloration in the yellow material, realizing it must have been a food stain. The stain was so faded that she almost didn't notice it.

'Someone must have taken a lot of time to scrub it clean for the stain to be so vague.' She thought to herself as she followed her parents.

---

The next morning, there was a knock at the door. (Y/N) was sitting at the table, scarfing down her breakfast, leaving her mother to answer whoever it was. She heard the door open and some muffled chatter between her mother and the visitor.

"(Y/N), your friend is here."

Wondering who it was, she quickly got up, dropped her plate in the sink, and approached the front door.

"Kita-San." She said, bowing politely.

"(Y/N)-San." He replied, giving her a courteous nod, "I figured we can walk to school together since we live so close to each other."

She slung her bag over her shoulder, catching a glance from her mother, and strolled out the door with Kita. A few paces after hearing it close, Kita turned to (Y/N).

"Are you okay?"

"Huh?"

"Are you okay after yesterday? Atsumu had no right to dump his food on you." Kita repeated.

(Y/N) looked at her feet as they trudged down the sidewalk.

"Yeah I'm fine. It wasn't really a big deal."

"Don't say that." Kita's face was stern and serious, "It was unacceptable for Atsumu to do that and I won't let it happen to you again."

(Y/N) smiled, it was nice to know that her friend had her back. But she knew if Ass-tsumu tried anything like that in the future, she would like to be the one personally to beat the shit out of him.

(Y/N) and Kita's conversation slowly shifted towards volleyball, and then her injury. (Y/N) explained how she injured it back when she played volleyball for Aoba Johsai and that her doctor said she could start practicing in about a week.

"I think I'll probably wait two weeks, just to be safe." Said (Y/N), thinking back to all of the falling, grabbing, and slapping her wrist had endured over the last two days.

"You should come to our practice after school." Said Kita. He didn't want it to seem too obvious, but he really hoped she could come watch him play.

"Maybe." (Y/N) replied, wondering why Kita was inviting her. Considering her circumstances, it would probably be good for her to at least get back into the gym and start getting used to seeing the game again.

Arriving at the school, (Y/N) thanked Kita and entered the building. The walk through the halls today was different, seeing many students staring at her as she made her way towards the classroom. (Y/N) wasn't surprised, the entire cafeteria had watched Atsumu dump food all over her and were probably wondering why. She noted a few of Atsumu's fangirls shooting dirty looks in (Y/N)s direction. She really didn't care, those girls had no lives besides following a jerk who didn't even know they existed.

(Y/N) strolled into the class and made herself comfortable at her desk. Suna swiveled in his chair and opened his mouth.

"Ar-"

"I'm fine Suna-San." She interrupted, already knowing his question.

He gave her a small smile, knowing not to bother her with that topic. As the classroom began to fill up with students, Suna remembered something he forgot to ask for earlier.

"Hey, (Y/N)-San, can I get your Instagram?"

"Yeah, of course!"

(Y/N) spelled out her username for Suna to type into his phone. Neither of them noticed another person listening in on their conversation.

Suna tapped on the account, "Woah, (Y/N), you have a lot of followers." He said, looking at her in awe. She just laughed and pulled out her phone, tapping on the app.

Follow Requests

Suna_rintxro -------- |Confirm| |Delete|

atsumu.miya7 -------- |Confirm| |Delete|

(Y/N) looked at the screen for a moment in confusion, then slowly turned her head behind her to see Atsumu at the back. They stared at each other, Atsumu smirked.

'Why was he listening to the conversation? AND WHY DID HE FOLLOW ME.' Thought (Y/N) angrily.