Chapter 14

(Y/N)'s mother was aware something very upsetting had happened yesterday and knew her daughter was lying about feeling sick, but it was obvious going to school would put a lot of emotional strain on her.

(Y/N) herself was somewhat surprised her parents allowed her to stay home that day, but hey, she wasn't complaining. Her time off from school was not out of cowardice, rather, she just knew that she needed a short break from people in general.

She spent her day at home binging her favourite anime and watching volleyball matches on television. She savored this time alone, glad that she temporarily didn't have to worry about her problems.

Looking over at the clock, it was mid-afternoon, just around the time that students were being dismissed from class. At this point, (Y/N)'s eyes were sore from staring at the TV screen for hours on end, so she grabbed her volleyball and headed outside. She passed the ball to herself in the front yard, enjoying the warm rays of sunshine.

After a while, (Y/N) began to feel boredom and restlessness creeping up on her. Bumping the ball to herself was only going to keep her entertained for so long and she began to wish she had a partner to play with.

"Hey (Y/N)!" She heard a voice call her name.

From a distance she could see a small group of people on the sidewalk approaching her yard, squinting her eyes, (Y/N) could make out the faces of Kita, Koharu, and Suna.

(Y/N) waved in surprise, she hadn't expected her friends to visit her today.

"We heard you weren't feeling well." Koharu gave her a hopeful look, "So we were wondering if we could treat you and take you to the mall! We can look for clothes and maybe watch a movie at the theatre."

"And I'll buy you some food too." Kita added with a small smile.

At the mention of food, (Y/N)'s ears perked up. She was glad her friends had come to cheer her up, and was even more thankful that they had done so without directly bringing up yesterday's incident.

With a grin appearing on her face, (Y/N) agreed, "I'd love to. Thank you guys."

---

Once arriving at the mall, (Y/N) turned to her friends and realized that someone was missing.

"Where's Osamu?"

Suna snorted, "He got stuck at school helping a teacher move textbooks to another classroom. That dumbass could have easily said no but I guess he's too much of a goody two shoes. He'll join us here later."

The group made their way through the mall, frequently stopping to peer into the stores.

"Oh my god I love this store!" Koharu squealed, yanking (Y/N)'s arm and dragging her into the nearest clothing shop.

Inside, there seemed to be hundreds of different colors and styles of clothing and (Y/N) was mesmerized. Koharu had already made a beeline towards a rack of flowing skirts and (Y/N) began to follow, but she stopped in her tracks, her eyes catching a mannequin. It wore fitted black jeans and a cropped red top with a silky, soft looking material. Koharu glanced up from her rack and followed (Y/N)'s eyes to the mannequin.

"WOW! You could totally pull that off (Y/N)." She exclaimed.

"Ahh I'm not sure Koharu..." (Y/N) trailed off as Koharu had already waved down a worker, asking for the outfit on the mannequin.

She was guided into the changeroom with the clothes in her hands. She pulled on the jeans and top, which to her surprise, felt very comfortable on her skin. She opened the door and took a step out, Koharu was waiting expectantly.

"(Y/N) YOU LOOK SO HOT." Koharu's eyes widened.

(Y/N) spun around to see herself in the mirror on the wall. She looked herself up and down, taken aback at how the jeans actually hugged her figure in a flattering way. The silky top was different from any shirt she had worn before, but (Y/N) loved it.

"It's nice." She said with a smile, then turned back into the changeroom to put on her regular clothes.

She walked out of the stall and Koharu snatched the jeans and shirt right out of her hands.

"I'm buying these for you." Koharu beamed, then ran over to the cash register with the clothes before (Y/N) could even argue.

Once paid for, Koharu convinced (Y/N) to put on the outfit, and together they walked out of the store.

"Finally, you guys are done, we were starting to wonder if you died in there-" Kita began, but abruptly stopped, his eyes landing on (Y/N) wearing her new clothes. She looked amazing, and he could feel a blush creeping onto his cheeks. He turned his face away to hide it and thankfully, nobody noticed.

They continued down towards the food court, Kita sneaking glances at (Y/N) every so often. He didn't understand why, but he felt a warm, fluttery feeling in his stomach when he looked at her. This sensation was foreign to the stern boy, and it was bugging him that he couldn't figure out what it was.

They arrived at the food court, the delicious aroma of all the mouth-watering meals surrounded them.

"Oh hey." A deep voice said behind them. Osamu was standing with a box of tasty looking bento in his hands.

"Since when did you get here?" Suna asked, taken aback at the sudden appearance of his friend.

"Oh, I just arrived, but I wanted to grab a snack before meeting up with everyone. I guess I don't have to worry about finding you guys now since you're already here."

(Y/N) chuckled, of course they would find Osamu at the food court.

---

"Atsumu come on. You're so slow." Akari chided the exhausted boy as they entered another store.

Atsumu had accompanied Akari to the mall and had been pulled around from store to store like a dog on a leash.

'More of a mule than a dog.' He thought to himself as he adjusted his grip on the many heavy shopping bags he was carrying for her. All he wanted was a snack and a short break, but there was no way that was possible under Akari's watch.

"Ooh! Let's check this place out." She motioned to a store across from the movie theatre.

Atsumu released an exasperated breath and followed Akari who had rushed into the store full of expensive looking clothes. He hung back at the entrance of the store while she roamed around, gazing out the shop window in boredom.

Akari had taken fifteen minutes just to pick out one pair of shorts and he was becoming frustrated. She walked into the changeroom at the back and Atsumu was about to leave his spot at the window to tell her to be quick, when something caught his eye through the glass.