Never Going Back

GABBY'S POV

I woke up before Luka or Sophie. My mind was blank. No, deep thoughts or memories filled my head.

"A turtle," I whispered, staring at the white fluffy clouds, feeling nothing.

I felt no happiness or joy but what I did feel was peace and a sense of relaxation.

What's strange about that is I haven't felt this way in a real long time. I only dealt with stress, sadness, and anger.

Stress from being.. basically a teen mom! It's strange to say; however I can't deny it.

Sadness, from feeling like a disappointment. Am I failing Luka? Am I raising Sophie right? All these thoughts usually fill my mind.

Anger, because why would you allow a teen that just turned fifteen to live on her own with two little kids?!

All these emotions go on in a constant loop. I looked down and saw Luka starting to wake up.

"Good morning," I said.

"Morning," Luka replied.

"Are you excited about school?" I wondered. Luka's whole face glowed. He then gave me a hug.

"Yes!" he exclaimed. I released the hug and smiled at him.

There's no way for me to check the time, I have no watch, clock, and no one to ask.

I picked up Sophie and explained to Luka that we'll walk to the bus stop and wait for the school bus to come. Hopefully, we aren't late.

LUKA'S POV

Gabby, Sophie, and I made it to the bus stop. The bus took forever to come and once it did I couldn't stop grinning.

I miss my friend, Drew. We would play with Legos all the time.

Sissy, gave me a kiss on the cheek before I got on the big yellow bus.

"Have fun, okay?" Gabby mentioned. I nodded and hopped on the bus.

School! School! School! I'm going to school!

..............................................

"We finally made it!" I shouted. A couple of people looked at me, I smiled and waved. They turned away but I ignored it. Maybe they're having a bad day.

I got off the bus and walked into school. Where's Drew? I tried to find him but he was nowhere! I stepped into the classroom and found Drew. I ran over to him.

"Hi!" I said.

"Hi, why weren't you at school?" Drew asked.

Alice, the popular girl, walked over to us. "Hi, Drew." Alice put her brown hair behind her ear.

"Hi, Alice," he waved.

"Hey, Alice," I smiled. She looked confused.

"H.. Hi," she responded. Does she not like me?

"Guess, what!" Drew shouted.

"What?!" I questioned. What is it?!

"Alice is my girlfriend!" Drew announced. I frowned.

"But, I l... like Alice," I thought.

"Why that face?" Drew wondered.

"I like Alice," I whispered.

"Well, she's my girlfriend!" Drew yelled. Is he angry?

"B.. but I want her to be my girlfriend," I explained.