You Abandoned Us

GABRIELLA'S POV 

All last night, I couldn't stop thinking about whether I want to stay with Iris and her family or if I should go back to my parents. I woke up with only two hours of sleep.

"Good morning, Gabby," Iris whispered. I woke up yawning.

"Thanks," I said. I stopped yawning and saw Iris give me a confused look.

"Thanks?" Iris repeated, "You normally say thank you but it's okay."

"I'm sorry, last night I barely got any sleep and I just am exhausted," I admitted.

"Do you want to stay home?" Iris asked worriedly.

"No, I've already missed too much school. I'll be fine," I reassured. Iris nodded as she left the room.

.......................................

Throughout class, I kept catching myself falling asleep. I regret not taking Iris' offer on staying home; meanwhile I've already missed too much school so I'll just have to deal with it. Reggie isn't here today.

I've looked all around for him in all the hallways and during history class; however I didn't see him anywhere. Eventually, school was over and we just arrived home. It felt like forever before school was dismissed, that's how it usually goes.

Jogging into the house, I took my shoes off and laid on the couch, closing my eyes. If I choose my parents, I'll never feel comfortable. I'll always been on alert; however if I stay here I won't be uncomfortable, here I feel safe and protected.

It's a hard decision and I'm not sure if I'll choose the right one. What if I move in with my parents and they leave us with no contact? What if I stay here and never see my parents again? I just want to get this over with.

Not have to worry about anything. I just want to be happy, I just want my siblings to be happy. For all of us to live in peace and have a good time in this life of ours.

I felt a hand touch my thigh and I instantly got out of my thoughts and opened my eyes. I saw as Iris looked at me.

"Hi," Iris said.

"Hi," I mumbled.

"Your parents are coming today. Do you want your siblings to see them?" Iris questioned.

"Y-yes," I answered. Iris gave me a smile and walked into the kitchen. I closed my eyes again and was put back into my thoughts.

........................................

I opened my eyes to my father standing over me. My dad gave me a small smile before kissing my forehead, when he stood up he placed his hand on his black hair, smoothing it out.

My mom sat beside me, having Sophie on her lap, moving my feet over I sat up. "Hi hon."

"Hi, mom," I said. My father stood beside the sofa, to the right where I'm sitting.

"How are you, Gabby?" dad questioned.

"I'm tired, how are you?" I asked, looking around to see where Iris was.

"Good." he answered.

Shortly after my mother asked the question that would ruin everything, "Have you choose who you want to live with?"

"No, I haven't," I confessed. My mother groaned, in annoyance.

"Katrina!" my dad hissed, I looked at him for only a second before looking back at my mom.

"I just think it's so ridiculous that you even have to think about choosing your parents over some stranger! We've raised you!" my mother explained in anger.

"No, you abandoned us!" I yelled.

"That is outrageous! I have never abandoned the three of us!" my mother shouted.

"But you did! You left us to live with our grandfather well you were out living your best life! Well you were doing whatever Sophie, Luka, and I were starving!" I shrieked, anger washing over me.

"I've told you once-" my mother tried to justify.

"Don't you dare! You keep making excuses for yourself!"

"What is going on?!" Iris asked, confused. I looked over to Iris seeing Nolan, Alena, and Leanna. Confusing covered all three of them as Iris looked worried. I got up and stormed outside to the back porch.

I sat on the black porch swing. I looked up at the bright blue sky all the way down to the large oak tree, dangling down was it's friend, the tire swing. My eyes followed the dark green grass to the flower garden right below the light grey fence.

My eyes stared at the large sunflower who stood so tall, just then the door opened and I slowly turned my head, wondering who it was. Right in the doorway stood Alena, Nolan, and Leanna.

"Can we come outside?" Leanna wondered. I nodded my head allowing them to step outside. Nolan ran over to the tire swing, pushing it all alone while Alena and Leanna sat beside me.

"What happened?" Alena questioned.

"Yeah, what happened?" Leanna asked. I took a quick glance at both of them before focusing my attention back to Nolan.

"Have you girls ever got into an argument with you mom?" I wondered.

"Yeah," they both answered.

"Well that's what happened with me and my mommy," I explained. Everyone and everything went silent as all I paid attention to was the peacefulness. No thoughts about the argument or whether or not my parents left or not.

If I would ever see them again, nothing fazed my mind. All I pondered on was the beauty of the world, how all the colors shined in the sunlight. Suddenly, a hand landed on my shoulder and I looked over to Iris instead sitting beside me and all the kids inside.

"Are you okay? Your parents are gone," Iris questioned. Am I okay?

"I-I don't know," I admitted. Am I not okay?

"Well, do you want to talk about what happened?" Iris asked. I nodded and began to play with my nails. I clarified the entire situation and how the argument happened. Iris comforted me during the process of explanation.

"I just...I'm not sure if I even want to see them again," I confessed, looking up at Iris.

"Okay, as I've said it's up to you whether you talk or even see your parents and when Luka and Sophie get older, it'll be their decision too," Iris justified. We stared at one another for a minute before giving each other a hug. 

Author Note: 

Thank you all so much for 1,000 reads! That was one of my biggest goals and because of you, I achieved it! You will never know how much this means to me! I love each and everyone of you! Please let me know what you think of the story- good or bad-! 

I'm thinking at the end of the book I'll be posting a Q&A just so that you readers can get to know a little bit about me so if you'd like to see that let me know and please comment some questions or assumptions you have about me and I'll definitely answer as many as I can on the Q&A! 

As always thank you so much for voting and reading this book! -TyLynn ❤️