Growing Attached

GABRIELLA'S POV

Carter and Iris' family has been so kind. Nolan, Alena, and Leanna have been super friendly with Luka and Sophie.

 Although, Alena and Leanna are older than Sophie they still play with her exactly as if they would play with their friend. 

Nolan and Luka are like best friends now which scares me. We're growing attachments and that's not okay. 

We're going to be forced to leave soon, being in a month or so, I don't want it to be sad because I know it's got to happen.  Sophie, Luka, and I are going to move out and find a new place to stay while this family does their own thing. 

They'll forget all about us in a matter of time, shortly after we leave. I've noticed every time I see Carter I start to be happy all  because of the kind words he said to me that one night.

I keep trying to look away from Carter, ignore him as much as possible. Meanwhile, I'm unable to not see him. I'm bound to see him due to the fact I'm living inside of his home.

 It's hard to not grow attached to their cute little family. All of them are so caring. They took us in as their own and I'll never forget such an act of kindness. 

However; if I get too close then I'll miss them once we leave. I can't go through that sadness again. The depressive state that I need that person. 

My own parents abandoned us. If another person does that I can't have it get to me. Staying strong for Sophie and Luka is my only priority. 

They need me, they need a strong protective sister. We cannot get close to anyone or rely on any person because if then will break down once they leave. 

Everyone leaves at some point and the three of us need to prepare for that moment. I've let my guard down twice with my parents and Grandpa Elian, I can't let it down again. 

THIS IS ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER, SORRY GUYS. PLEASE DON'T BE MAD AT ME, I PROMISE I'LL MAKE IT UP TO Y'ALL 😊