That's The End Of It

The weekend went by like it didn't even show up. Monday came and I walked into the school. No one bothered me, not even Vicky. Is everyone planning on fighting me? Is someone gonna pop out of nowhere and hit me?

I looked around as I kept on walking. I feared that if I turned around and looked straight someone would come behind me and pull my hair, drag me to the ground and beat me up.

For I have never been in a fight and I don't know if I can defend myself the way I need to. Somehow I made it to my locker in peace. I relaxed my body and looked around to see Reggie. I quickly turned my body, hoping he wouldn't notice me.

However; he did. Reggie noticed me and walked over. I could sense him right behind me so I played with my nails. I didn't know what to say, should I even say anything at all?

"A-are you mad at me?" Reggie questioned.

"N...no I'm not mad, Reggie," I clarified, turning around to face him.

"Then why were you trying to avoid me?" Reggie asked.

"I tried to avoid you because I'm embarrassed, okay?!" I explained. Reggie gave me a confused expression to which I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why would you be embarrassed?"

"Because, I made a fool out of myself after you showed me that picture. I ran away, I left without telling you goodbye," I described.

"It wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have shown you the picture I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Reggie elucidated.

"H-how did you even know where I lived?"

"I live down the street from you, in that dark blue house," Reggie expounded. I nodded, knowing exactly what house he was talking about. That house is right down the street from Iris'.

We ended the conversation with a hug and we went our separate ways. Throughout, all my classes I didn't know whether to relax or tense up.

Whether I should relax with the thought no one has bullied me yet or tense up because of the fact no one's bullied me yet.

I have adapted to the idea that no matter what I say or do, I'm going to be bullied either way so having that changed unexpectedly is sorta overwhelming.

Even during lunch I expected someone to come and attack me and no one did. I went into the cafeteria line and got my tray. Afterwards, I went to my usual spot beside Reggie. Everyday we sit at a table for two in the far back corner of the cafeteria room.

"Did anything happen today?" Reggie wondered.

"Surprisingly, no," I responded. Reggie gave me a big grin.

"Really? T-that's really good, Gabby."

"Yeah, I guess," I said, shrugging my shoulders. I bit into my cheese burger.

"What do you mean I guess. Is everything okay?" Reggie asked, concerned.

"I just..I'm afraid that someone's going to jump me," I admitted. Right when I confessed, we heard noise. I turned around to see Vicky beating up a girl! I'm not sure who the other person was but all I could do was try and hear what Vicky was saying.

It was impossible for me to hear what was going on due to everyone cheering and screaming but what I did hear was I guess the girl slept with Cody or something like that. The fight was getting worse and worse.

Out of nowhere, a group of teachers sworn in and stopped the fight. I turned around in my sit, continuing to eat.

"That's what Vicky gets," Reggie joked. The both of us laughed as we went back to eating our lunch. What if everyone left me alone because they're focused on that girl Vicky fought?

I'm not sure but I'm really wishing they would leave me alone forever. For now, I guess that's the end of it. The end of all the bullying and all the harassment.