XVII. ❝Forever, Rosie❞

❝Forever, Rosie❞

Rosalyn Adore Black

Few days later...
Saturday.

𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗨𝗟𝗨𝗦 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗𝗡'𝗧 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗜𝗠, as he watched his cousins.

Bellatrix's eyes widened as she continued to read, Andromeda and Narcissa at her side, whilst Rosalyn sat at the Slytherin table with a smirk on his lips.

"You got more then you gave" Evan speaks, as his fiancée rolls her eyes.

"And I wanted what I got" She shrugs her shoulders, The Daily Prophet had launched its latest article by Emmett Blanks.

"Adore, a word?"

Evan's arm automatically fell around her shoulders, holding her closer, "Fuck off, Malfoy" he spits, whilst Rosalyn sighs.

"What now, Lucius? If your here for round two, be warned, I've been practicing my right hook" She replies, standing, as Evan's arm falls.

"Your little mockery of a boyfriend been teaching you?" Lucius replies, as Rosalyn let's our a chuckle.

"No, my father" Rosalyn smiles, as the blonde visibly gulps, "Now, what's your issue? Somebody a little bit sensitive about a little article?" She questions.

"You think your so high and mighty, Rosalyn Riddle, but you aren't, you think your clever? Think your untouchable because of the man who made you? No, your gonna fall worse then any of us, I'll make sure of it" Lucius hisses, taking a step closer to the brunette.

"Oh Lucius! Please, call me Mrs Rosier" Rosalyn replies, as Evan chokes on his bacon.

The Slytherin table watches in horror as Lucius strikes the brunette across the cheek, the slap audible throughout the hall.

Rosalyn turns to him, as silence takes over, "Was that supposed to hurt?" She mocks, a twisted smirk on her lips.

"Adore..." Regulus warns, watching as his cousins smirk only got thicker.

"Run along, Malfoy, now - before I make you" Rosalyn speaks, glaring up at him.

Lucius scoffs, leaving a moment later, Rosalyn takes a deep breath, running a hand through her hair.

"Are you okay?" Bellatrix asks, her hand falling to her sisters.

"I am, of course, how are you feeling about the confirmation this evening?" Rosalyn quizzes, Bellatrix sighs.

"Rudolphus and I haven't spoken much, but of course, the confirmation will take place tonight, we all take vows tomorrow in front of The Dark Lord, our marriage is to take place the second week of October, yours is the first of our family - are you worried?" Bellatrix replies, as Rosalyn glances at Regulus.

"Of course not, we'll be fine, won't we?" She smiles, squeezing Evan's hand.

"Forever, Rosie" Evan replies.

ϟ

"Adore!"

Rosalyn turns to Sirius, waving goodbye to her sister and fiancé, she smiles at Sirius, taking a step closer to him in the three.

"Siri! Are you alright?" She asks, placing her hand on his shoulders.

"Honestly? No,  I'm worried about you, everyone is, your leaning into them more and more, it's like your becoming them" He whispers, throwing a dirty look at Evan.

"Sirius, trust me, alright? Just trust me" Rosalyn grips his hand tightly, Sirius nods, a small smile on his face.

"Your loosing your shit, Adore! Your gonna marry him? Come on, tonight is your last chance to bow out, I beg of you" James grits his teeth.

"Potter! What do you expect from me? I am so tired of this, tell me! Go ahead, what do you want from me?" Her voice raises, as Evan takes a step closer to the group.

"I want you! I want you to make a decision for you, not for Rosier, not to save yourself from Malfoy or to please your family! One for you" James yells, tears welling up in Rosalyn's eyes.

"Mate..." Sirius sighs.

"Back off, Potter!" Evan places an arm out in front of Rosalyn, who sighs.

"Let's not mock my life decisions when you've got a nursery to decorate" Rosalyn states, taking Evan's hand, pulling him away from the four Gryffindors.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh my Merlin! Why does everyone keep asking me that? I'm a 17 year old girl who's being forced into marriage before she's even left school! I'm being forced to marry, forced to be the perfect daughter to two fucking families, I'm so tired and I'm so fed up" Rosalyn growls, her heart pounding against her chest.

"Forced?" Evan gulps, Rosalyn sighs, looking up to his eyes.

"I didn't mean it like that" She whispers, he simply sighs.

"I'll see you tonight, baby" Evan says, leaning down to press a kiss on her head.

ϟ

Rosalyn couldn't keep her thoughts tame, was James right? Hell, was she even making the right decision by marrying Evan? More importantly, did she even have a choice? No.

Nicklaus had been right, she'd been to stupid to think that her or her generation would be spared the harsh truth of The Sacred 28, the marriages, the power and the feuds.

As Rosalyn stared at the gown she'd be wearing, her heart seemed to break, who knew that being seventeen was so hard.

"Adore?"

Lily Evan's, probably the last person she wanted to see, her hand caressing the slight bump on her stomach. James' child growing in her womb, a son, a baby boy.

"Yes?" She gives a small smile, sat at the edge of her bed.

"May I join?"

Rosalyn nods, Lily takes a seat next to Rosalyn, running a hand through her copper hair, another sigh escapes her lips, "I don't agree with your relationship with my future, with James" She begins.

The Riddle plays with her engagement ring, not  wanting to meet her gaze, "yet, I cannot stay silent as you wash your future away, do you want to marry Evan?"

"Lily, I don't have a choice" Rosalyn sighs.

"I didn't ask that, I'm asking you what you want" She places a hand over Rosalyn's.

"I want to be free, I want to make my own decisions and not just do what I have too" She admits, tears beginning to fall.

"You cannot marry Evan, you'll regret it for the rest of your life" Lily emphasises, wrapping her hands around Rosalyn's.

"I don't have a choice!" Rosalyn let's out a sob, Lily wraps her arms around the girl, pulling her into a tight embrace.