16

C A R T E R | dazed & confused

"Romeo and Juliet, she has to be messing with us. This is just some sick joke for her amusement."

I can't help but stare at her as she paces the room, looking more stressed than usual. Her golden caramel curls bounce up and down as she angrily circles me. 

I have to admit I was testing her a little in class. Old habits, I guess. I didn't mean to call her a bitch but that was just another old habit. I feel like I'm just self sabotaging at this point, if I want to make things better with her this is definitely not the way to do it. 

"Carter, what is your problem, like I seriously want to know, oh wait am I being too stuck up for you?" She yells. She's all over the place. It's kind of hot when she's yelling at me. I have to hold back a smile.

"I don't know, you're so distracting." I shoot at her. I'm not lying. She so fucking attractive and adorable all at the same time that I can't think straight.

"How the hell am I distracting?" Sophia walks right into my face. I feel myself tense up at her warm vanilla scent. She smells like Christmas, like freshly baked cookies. I nervously suck in a breath when she looks at me with her angry green eyes.

"I can't stop thinking about you." I blurt. My hand immediately shoots to my mouth. I can't believe I just said that. Her eyes widened. She takes a step back. She stands there dumbfounded, considering what to say next.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She throws her hands up in defeat. Her voice sounds like a groan. I rest my chin on my hands, amused. It's kind of fun seeing her a flustered, stressed out mess. 

"Come on Sophia, you can't deny this chemistry between us. The sexual tension." I raise my eyebrows and she groans again, annoyed. Okay maybe I'm goading her a little too much. 

"In case you forgot, we, us, it cannot happen." She gets in my face again. I'm having fun with this, "Really, why not?" I wink. Part of me wants to tease her right now because I can't resist her anymore.

"I'm not doing this, I feel nothing for you." Sophia mutters a little too loud. I just want to kiss her so bad. She's so beautiful.

"Nothing huh." I'm taunting her. I press my body against hers. She freezes, looking up at me

"Nothing." Her response is short of breath as I'm leaning into her. She backs into a few desks, nervously looking me up and down. I smirk at the fact that our lips are inches apart. I wipe my thumb across her cheek, preparing to kiss her.

The door slams open and we hear a loud gasp.

Ms. Williamson.

Shit.

Nope I'm dreaming. 

Unfortunately that's not the case. This is very real, and very mortifying. The last person I'd ever want to see me in this rather awkward position is my English teacher.

Ms. Williamson fixes her glasses that fell down her nose. This is the first time I've seen her be at a loss for words. She doesn't even look angry, looks almost...

Nervous?

Sophia rushes to fix her hair. "Oh my God I'm so sorry Ms. Williamson." She's trying to avoid eye contact with both of us. Ugh, this is terrifying. I don't even know how to apologize for something like this.

"Nice to see that you guys are finally getting along, I'd give you two detention but I'm afraid to leave you guys in the same room alone again." I find myself holding back a laugh. The awkward silence is killing me. Sophia is flushed in embarrassment. I notice she does that a lot. It's cute.

Focus Carter.

"Get back to class." She moves out of the way of the door. Sophia whispers sorry again. The minute we step into the hall I start laughing.

"This is not funny, Carter, it's embarrassing. I'm dead when I get home."

"Old Sandra Williamson will survive seeing us, we gave her quite a show huh?" I joke.

"Okay Mr. Marquez, now you have detention on Monday." Ms. Williamson says as she passes us into the room. I groan.

"Now that's funny." Sophia says as she follows her into the classroom. The bell rings when we get back into the classroom.

"Wanna go somewhere after school?" I ask as we pack up our stuff. "Did you not hear me earlier, these auditions are really important to me and I need to get there."

"They're at 4 o'clock, it's 3:30." I plead making fake puppy dog eyes at her. "Sorry, I still don't know where I'm at with whatever this is." She moves her finger in between us.

"Come on, Sophia. Let me take you on a date." She turns to me and puts her hands on my shoulders. She just gives me a simple smile. "Goodbye Carter."

When we walk out she immediately runs to her friends. The longing I feel for her right now is unbearable. I already miss her and she's only 20 feet away.

I don't think she noticed but when she walked away she dropped a little white notebook. I pick it up but when I call out for her, she's no where to be found. I'll just give it to her later.

Eloise and Gavin sneak up behind me like an animal approaching its prey. "Wish us luck." She exclaims which startles me. Sometimes I forget she broke up with me. She acts like we were never together and still flirts with me.

She's way too confident, Sophia is a million times better than her. I just want to shout that in her stupid, pretty face. "Good luck, you'll need it." I mutter the last part. I walk away smiling at the new girl, who I have a crush on.

Are you happy now?

I have a crush on Sophia Carrington, and I will do anything to make her mine.

I can't believe I finally had the balls to admit it to myself. I just need to find the perfect way to tell her. Though, I feel like she already knows.

Does she feel the same way?

That is the million dollar question.

✿✿✿

Author's Note:

YAY Carter decided to finally admit to himself that he's was catching feelings. I'm living for the tension between these two.

Thoughts on this chapter?

I have an extremely unhealthy obsession with Ruel. 

Also can we talk about how young he is in the d&c music video. He was literally 15 and now he's 18 and FINE AS FUCK.

and if you haven't listened to his new ep bright lights, red eyes go listen to it.

Vote and Comment ily.

Xoxo,

Lulu