MANAGED ANOTHER DAY

AUTHOR'S POV - 

The next day, MSD got the training sessions of both the teams to be on different time slots so that he could be with both of them without having to choose. The then team's training was in the morning and the now teams in the night session so MSD was ready for a long long day. 

In the morning he skipped breakfast to avoid the clash for him. Then he slyly got out of the room without the  team seeing him and he joined the previous team in the bus, not before sending a text to the present team not to disturb him because he is apparently in parent teacher meeting of Ziva which was online. 

"Mahiya what are you doing on the phone?" Sourav asked, siting next to him.

"Nothing dada, all good." MSD said. 

"I didnt even asked you is something is wrong." Sourav said giving him a known look.

"No I thought that you thought that I am tensed, like I read your mind, I learnt it in lockdown." MSD immediately made up an excuse 

"You also learnt how to lie in the lockdown?" Sourav asked. 

"Woh toh halat hi sikhate hain." MSD murmured to himself.

"What?" Sourav asked. 

"Nothing bhai, so what is the batting order for the match tomorrow?" MSD asked to divert the topic. 

"Dont divert the topic Mahiya." Sourav said. 

"What would you do if you had to choose between Paaji and me."  MSD said trying to find a close example. 

"I have never had to do that." Sourav said.

"What if you had to?" MSD asked. 

"I have enough space in my heart for both my kiddo and best friend." Sourav said. 

"Its about place in the field here dada." MSD murmured. 

"What happened Mahiya?" Sourav asked. 

"Nothing Dada, I know that you love me the most." MSD said and hugged Sourav in a childish manner and Sourav was happy to have his kiddo back. 

They all reached the ground and started doing warm up, looking at the energy in all the players, it wouldnt look like they all are retired players, they were still fit enough to hit big shots and get wickets at the tight situations. 

"I will go to the nets first." Yuvi said as they were padding themselves up. 

"No I will" MSD retaliated as if there was only one nets pitch. 

"The best all rounder of all times should go first" Yuvi said and took his bat. 

"No the best wicket keeper batsman should go first."  MSD said admantly, he can be mature in front of his boys but as kiddish as possible in front of his Dada and big bros.

"Shaam ko bhi practice hai sochle." Yuvi said and took the nets MSD wanted before he could respond. 

"I cant believe Mahiya didnt fight back." Sachin said and entered the nets and before MSD knew he was not getting a net practice in the morning session atleast. 

It was soon lunch time and the team left for the hotel since the session was over for all but MSD, he knew he had to be back for another round of a 5 to 6 hour training, he was fit enough to do the training again but that was not the problem, the problem was that he will over exert himself with the double training and thinking about the match day which was tomorrow. On top of that he had to skip lunch to spend time with his kiddos. 

"Mahi mat ja" Raina said when he saw MSD going for another round of training. 

"I will handle it cam down." MSD said.