Chapter 1

"There," I said, smiling brightly at the dress I put in the window. It was one of the most finest pieces I have ever been able to make. I don't get to make them often because I lack the funds for the fabric, but when I do, I put all of my time and attention into it. It was a dress of rich red fabric with a intricate beaded neckline. It was floor length and meant to hug the wearer's body. Winter Solstice was coming up meaning the noble men and women would be out shopping for their outfits. I had never sold a dress meant for such an occasion, but you never know, it could happen one day.

Of course it could be, because I enjoy making clothes using bright colors while most of the kingdom wears bland colors. Even the rich and nobility don't wear vibrant colors. Part of that is because the feeling of joy and happiness is missing. Many years ago there was a prophecy declaring that King Draven and Queen Kya will have a third mate, giving the kingdom two queens and one king. Until they find their third, they will continue to feel like a piece of them is missing, which has made the kingdom unhappy. Unhappy rulers means an unhappy kingdom.

I try to find the happiness where I can though. Whether it's in a bright colored piece of cloth, or it's hearing the laughter of the children playing outside my store. They were small things, but they made me happy nonetheless.

I went over to my counter and popped a piece of candy into my mouth before I grabbed my sketch book. I still had some of the red fabric left. Not enough to make something for an adult, but perhaps a child. There was a girl who lived across the way in desperate need of a new dress, so maybe I could make it as a Winter Solstice gift.

I smiled as I began to sketch it out. When the chime above my door sounded, I looked up and I was shocked to see Queen Kya and King Draven in my shop. Queen Kya wore a mate black dress and black fur coat. Her snow white hair was braided and put up. Her silver tiara sparkled in the light of my shop. King Draven had his hands in the pocket of his coat, his emerald eyes looking about my shop, his dark hair showing flecks of snow.

I was too stunned to stand, my heart pulling in my chest. Queen Kya's violet eyes stared at me in slight shock. King Draven seemed to notice his mate's shock before turning his attention to me. His eyes then widened slightly. Mates. They were my mates.

"What is your name my dear," King Draven asked me. His voice was deep yet smooth. Not a hint of age coated it despite he was centuries old. He and Queen Kya were both vampires who have been on the throne, long before I was born two centuries ago.

"It's Harmony Dryia, your highness," I said, finally snapping out of my shocked state and standing from my stool.

"Such a beautiful name," Queen Kya said with a small smile. "Tell me, Harmony, do you own this shop?" I nodded, "I do ma'am." "How long have you been a seamstess," Queen Kya asked as she began to admire the dress I had in the window. "One hundred fifty years," I told her.

"Do you work here by yourself," King Draven asked me. I nodded, "Yes sir." "We were inspecting the progress our crew was making on improving the slums when I noticed your dress in the window. It's different from anything the palace seamstresses have made for me," Queen Kya said. "How much?"

Queen Kya, my mate, wants to buy my dress? To say I was shocked was an understatement. I rattled off the price I had estimated when I did the math on the fabric price and such. "That's incredibly low," Queen Kya said. "I make my prices off of the price the fabric cost me," I told her. I then explained my math. "I make enough profit to live off of. I don't make my clothes too expensive because then I would never sell anything if I did."

"You're so precious," Queen Kya said and I felt my face become warm. "Th-Thank you," I told her. "I'll take it," Queen Kya declared.

I placed my sketchbook down on the counter and packaged up the dress. I noticed King Draven pick up the sketchbook. "What is this," he asked me.

"I have enough fabric from making this dress for a girl who lives across the lane. She is the youngest in a house full of boys and she is often stuck wearing the boys hand me downs. It's rare she ever gets a dress so I thought to use the left over fabric to make her one as a Winter Solstice gift," I explained to him. "Do you do that often," Queen Kya asked me.

I nodded, "Many families here are quite large and the parents do their best to keep their kids fed with a roof over their heads. I try to help out where I can. Plus doing something good for someone makes me happy."

I finished packing up the dress and Queen Kya smiled as King Draven put a rather heavy looking pouch on my counter. I could tell without opening it, it was much more than the price of the dress. "We will definitely be back Harmony darling," Queen Kya said while holding the box to her chest. King Draven gave me a soft smile with a bow of his head before they left.

My mates over paid for the dress, didn't give me a chance to protest, and said they would be back. Am I dreaming?

King Draven's POV

"I can't believe we finally found her Draven," my mate said happily in the carriage. Harmony had chestnut hair pulled back with a pink ribbon. Her pink eyes were full of life and happiness. She had worn a pink long sleeve dress that went to her knees and white heels. "To think, she had been here this entire time," Kya sighed happily. "And this dress is so beautiful. She really does put our seamstresses at the castle to shame. You could tell she really enjoyed making this too."

"We have to take our time with courting her," I said to her. She nodded, "I don't care how long it takes us. We finally found her." I smiled at her happiness. I too was happy that we finally found her. It's been many centuries of searching. I had given up hope at finding her.

At the palace our Royal Advisor Sebastian, greeted us at the entrance. "You took longer than expected," he noted as we stepped out of the carriage. Kya gave him a smile that seemed to shock him, "We met her today Sebastian." His eyebrows rose, "You mean your third?" I nodded, "We did." "Where is she," he asked us. "We're going to take our courtship with her slowly," I told him. He nodded, "Understood sire. What is the lady's name?" "It's Harmony Dryia," Kya answered. "She's a Fae seamstress who has a shop near the slums." She then held up the package slightly, "I bought this gorgeous gown from her. I can't wait to wear it at the ball."

Sebastian nodded with a soft smile and we went back to our chambers. Kya's maid, Cornelia, came in as Kya opened the box her dress was in. "I need delicate care when handling this dress," Kya told her. "Its rather beautiful milady," Cornelia stated as she saw it. "This is the dress I am wearing to the Solstice ball," Kya told her. "What do I do with the dress Starya made then," Cornelia asked her. "Put it away for the time being," Kya said with a wave of her hand.

Cornelia bowed her head, "As you wish." She handled Kya's new dress with care before leaving the room. "Try not to hurt Starya's feelings too much," I told Kya. Kya scoffed, "She's talented, but I never did like the looks she always gave you anytime she thought I wasn't paying attention."

I pulled her to me to pull the strings on her corset to help her undress. She put on her silk nightgown while I undressed and laid in bed. She joined me and I pulled her to me. "We finally found her," Kya whispered happily. I kissed her head, "Yeah we did."