23.Parents..

They bolted towards the car and got inside.

Arjun drove insanely quick across the city to reach Meera's home.

"What's the time?", Arjun asked restlessly.

"Still ten minutes more!", Meera replied with relief.

"Thankyou, I will see you later!", Meera said and pecked him on his cheek.

"THANK YOU for two most beautiful days of my life!", Arjun replied with a smile.

Meera blushed ,"I love you" .

"Love you too", Arjun said hugging her.

They saw a car taking a turn through the rear view mirror and Meera rushed inside the house.

She took off her slippers in a hurry and ran inside the house.

She quickly closed the door behind her and in a second, she heard a knock.

She opened it and gave a nervous smile," Hii Maa and Paapa, How was Delhi?".

"Delhi was good. But tell me why you are holding these slippers in your hand?", Shobha asked puzzled.

"Slippersss.... I was going to take a bath", Meera lied .

"Bath with the slippers?", Shobha was suspicious.

"God, Is this my mother or Sherlock Holmes?", Meera thought .

"Kyaa Shobha, We just arrived and you already started with these questions!", Mukesh chuckled.

Shobha gave a smile ," You go and take a bath, We have some news to share".

"OK!", Meera ran off from there.

"That was close!!",Meera sighed with relief and took a quick shower.

She came downstairs and sat with her family for dinner. Shobha passed her a plate and served her favourite food. She patted her head and kissed her forehead.

"Wow, Maa. Suddenly , so much love", Meera was surprised.

"Princess, we have something to tell you", Mukesh said with a serious face.

Meera looked at him asking him to go ahead.

"We did not go to Delhi with Maya Bua to meet your father's friend", Shobha spoke.

"Then where? Maya Bua kidnapped you guys to see some astrologer?", Meera said with a heartly laugh.

She noticed that the other were still sitting with a stern face.

"Actually, that's true . We did go to meet an astrologer",Shobha finally spoke.

Meera raised her eyebrows with surprise.Shobha looked at her and nudged her husband to speak.

"Let's come to the point", Mukesh said.

"Yes, please".

"We fixed your marriage", Mukesh finally revealed.

Meera gaped at him in disbelief,"Paapa, what are you saying???"

"Listen to me Meera, You keep making some excuse or the other and drive away all the good boys who come here. So we thought a step ahead and fixed your marriage.", Meera was about to say something but Mukesh interrupted again,"The boy's parents have shown your pictures and he said Yes to the proposal.He is good-looking, earns well and has a good family background. He is perfect for this family"

"Perfect for this family?What about me then?", Meera asked in frustration.

"Perfect for this family means he is more than perfect for YOU!!", Shobha said sternly.

"You cannot go ahead and get my marriage fixed without my permission.How do you know whether he is perfect for me?? "

"Lower your voice, Meera. We are your PARENTS and only we know what is good for our daughter", Mukesh said.

"I can't marry him.I don't care who he is or what he does", Meera said with a strong will.

"Look at her audacity ! How dare she reject just like that? We have never spoken to our parents in this way ever in our life", Shobha scolded.

"You can say whatever you like. I can't marry this guy!", Meera stood up from the table.

"You can't walk away from this proposal just like you always do. We have given them our word already. They will come here soon to fix the engagement also", Mukesh said.

"I don't care , Paapa! Just tell them you changed your mind!!", Meera said and stormed out of the room.

"These children nowadays don't even care a bit for their parents.We gave her everything right from birth and look at her , don't even have the curtsy to respect their parent's wishes", Shobha spoke sadly.

Meera heard her Mother's voice downstairs and her eyes welled up with tears.

"How will I ever tell them about Arjun? They already look so weak and adamant.I can't cheat my parents anymore! I have already told countless lies! Wish I had never met Arjun at all or fallen in love with him!...............

***********************************************************************************************

Is Meera changing her mind? What do you guys think should be her next step?

Tell her parents about him or break up ?

Write down what you think is the next logical step in the comments below.

Trust me on this.. The star below will glow beautifully with a click from your side.

Please do vote for this story and support..

XOXO, Lots of love..