35. A new beginning

Mukesh and Shobha excitedly sent out invitations to their near and dear ones for the marriage. Meera, being their only daughter, they left no stone unturned to organise her dream wedding in the most lavish and elegant way.

The phone ringed.

"Seems like your fiance is in a great hurry to meet you!", Cristina mocked.

They saw Daksh waving at her from a distance.
"Seems like your fiance is also the same", Meera said with a laugh.

She picked up the call.
"Heyy, I am reaching there within 5 minutes. Meet me in the parking lot".

"Wait, what?? Arjun , I have work!"

" I already called up Dr.Mathur. He is fine with sending my fiance with me for some time", Arjun said and hung up before Meera could say anything.

Arjun took her to one of the best designer bridal stores in the city. The salesperson showed her some lehenga designs.

"Too expensive!", Meera rolled her eyes.
"Stop rolling your eyes and pick what you want..", Arjun said holding her hand.
Meera gave up with a sweet smile.

" Meera,meet Nisha Talwar, the woman behind this brand and also my childhood friend. And, Nisha, this is..", Arjun pointed towards Meera.

"I know.. I know..Meera...I might have heard this name atleast 100 times from his mouth within the last 3 days. Nice to meet you finally!", Nisha shaked her hand.

Meera blushed hearing her remark.
"You can go, I will handle things here.", Nisha said.

"Have fun! And choose whateverr.. you like , Okay??", Arjun said and pecked her cheek.

"Ahemm.. ahemm...", Nisha cleared her throat.

"Okayy, I am leaving, bye", Arjun said and left.

Nisha helped Meera in picking out outfits for her wedding functions . Meera, finally found her dream wedding lehenga for her special day. She found a good new friend in Nisha.

"Thank you, Nisha.", Meera said hugging her.

"Thanks to you, I had a good time today!", Nisha replied with a warm smile.

"You ,girls take a lot of timee in shopping!", Arjun said walking upto them.

"Not too much time", Meera said glancing at her watch.

"Girls anyway shop to impress boys", Arjun said with a smirk.

"No, not to impress boys. We dress up to spite other girls too. Whatever, it's her choice!", Nisha replied smiling at Meera.

"Okay fine, Neha Dhupia. Anyway, thank you for doing this!", Arjun said hugging Nisha.

They visited Sidharth's place together to invite him to the wedding. He wholeheartedly accepted, deciding to move on from the past. Arjun and Sid became good friends in no time.

Meera's marriage became the hot topic of conversation in the entire hospital. All those people who were badmouthing her for an entire week, were now eyeing her with jealousy.The cafeteria aunty followed her, being all nice for a whole week  hoping to get an invitation.  She was soon to be the wife of the most eligible bachelor in the city.

The wedding celebrations started off with a bang. Filled with colours, happiness and fireworks,  It was every girl's dream wedding.Haldi and Mehendi, followed by sangeet and finally the wedding day arrived

The song played.. and everyone seated, turned aroumd to see the most gorgeous bride.

Kehne ko jashn-e -bahaara he
Ishq ye dekhke hairaan he
Phool se khushboo khafa khafa he gulshan mein
Chupa hein koi ranj fiza ki chilman mein...

Arjun couldn't take his eyes off his gorgeous bride walking down to the mandap.
It felt like time stood still for a moment.
She sat down next to him as if it was a dream come true..
The pandit chanted the mantras and they took the pheras, seven rounds around the sacred fire or the Agni.
Each phera symbolizes a vow, a promise of prosperity, health, friendship and love.

He tied the mangalsutra around her neck and applied sindoor on her parting hairline.
A small drop of tears escaped her eyes as she looked up to see him, who was officially hers forever. He wiped off the tears falling down her soft cheek and pecked her cheek gently, bringing a giant beam on her face.
The pandit pronounced them husbad and wife.

Meera hugged her parents tightly, not wanting to let go. She cried terribly looking at them. Mukesh couldn't hold back his tears seeing his little princess, all grown up and ready to leave them for a new life. But being a girl, this was unevitable. They sadly sent her off with him, waving her goodbye till the car was out of their sight.

Arjun gave her a comforting hug, trying to cheer her up.

           "Finally, it's a new beginning"

Not edited, please ignore the mistakes it may contain.
Don't forget to drop down your precious comments and votes❤

Stay tuned for more updates..

                            XOXO, lots of love..