24.Fragile

"How will I ever tell them about Arjun? They already look so weak and adamant. I can't cheat my parents anymore! I have already told countless lies! Wish I had never met Arjun at all or fallen in love with him.."

Meera drifted off to sleep thinking of ways to handle this.

She heard her parents downstairs discussing something seriously and tiptoed into the living room trying to avoid them.

"Meeraa!", Maa called furiously from behind.

"Where do you think you were going? Escaping us?", Paapa asked.

Meera looked at them sheepishly.

"Let's not start an argument this early in the morning", Paapa said.

"Yes, No more arguments. Rakesh will meet you today at the Cafe bistro at 6 pm.", Maa said.

"Rakesh??",Meera was puzzled.

"Wear something nice and talk to him. We want you to get to know him", Paapa said and patted her shoulder.

"Paapaa, I can't . I have something really serious to tell you guys!", Meera said.

"I don't want to hear anything!! Go and meet him first and then talk to me.Don't you dare pull of any stunts and scare him off", Shobha scolded.

"Yes beta, we will talk later in the evening. Be yourself, I am sure you will like him", Paapa reassured.

Meera had a tensed look on her face.She walked off without uttering a word.

She walked inside the hospital ,lost in thoughts.

"Heyy, Look who finally decided to show up after 2 days", Cristina mocked.

Meera gave her a weary smile.

"You okay? What happened, Meera?", Cristina asked with concern.

Meera told Cristina the whole story.

"Relax, Meera. Everything will be fine. I think you should tell Uncle and Aunty about him.He is a great guy. I am sure they will like him", She tried to convince her.

"I know my parents. They will never let me see him if I tell them. But ,this is it. I can't hide it anymore.I will tell them today no matter what happens", Meera decided.

"What about that guy, Rakesh?", Cristina asked with a smile.

"I don't know. How did he even agree to this without meeting me?I will just tell him straight out that I am against this marriage", Meera said.

Cristina encouraged her and went inside for rounds.

Meera walked into the locker room.

All of them were looking at Meera weirdly. She greeted them with a smile.

"I heard that she is the one...", Meera heard some murmurings behind her.

Dr. Netra came inside to assign duties to all the junior surgeons.

"Ashik, you are in Peds today"

"Nikita, Cardiology"

"Meera, you are with Dr...", Somebody cut her off and said,

" What is the need to assign duties to her? She is already of "great help" to the chairman", And a large mocking laughter filled the room.

Meera looked around the room with cloudy eyes. She saw contempt in the eyes viewing her.

She was turning into an object of scorn. She grabbed her coat and ran into the hallway with tears flowing down her red cheeks. She scurried inside the washroom and closed the door.

What do you think might have happened?

Let me know in the comments below.

Anybody in for a double update??

Don't forget to vote and support me..

Stay tuned.

XOXO,Lots of love...