Chapter Seven

I turned off my alarm clock and woke up with my clothes still on

I turned off my alarm clock and woke up with my clothes still on. I forgot to change into my PJs and now my body was marked by the clothes I had worn. I took off my clothes, showered, and grabbed my backpack. I headed downstairs to grab something to eat. Cheerios was my first choice. Then, I walked outside waiting for Tamara to come pick me up as usual, but she didn't show.

"Great," I told myself in the empty driveway. I had to walk to school now. Halfway to school though, I heard Brad's motorcycle.

"Come on, I'll give you a ride," he said. I nodded.

"Okay, I guess," I replied and got on the bike. I couldn't see him with his helmet, but I wondered what he was thinking. The motorcycle roared and my long brown hair ruffled in the wind. It felt strange to be on a bike, this was my second time. The first time was yesterday and I thought it had all been a dream. How could this be real?

We reached our school and I got off the bike. Everyone was staring at us with expressions of disbelief covering their faces. I saw a few jaws drop, but didn't care. Let them talk.

"Thanks for the ride," I said. Brad took off his helmet and showed his blond curtained cut hair and smiled.

"Any time," he replied. He placed his helmet inside a small trunk that was under the chair. He reached for his bag and walked with me to school. I pretended that I wasn't walking beside Prince Charming, but it was too hard to do so since everyone around us made it harder.

"Unbelievable," I heard Steph say and Gina had a glare on her face. I didn't even want to imagine what she was thinking.

"Hey, so... you know, I was wondering if we could go out sometime, maybe not Saturday since you're so busy," Brad said.

"Why her?" I heard somebody else say. My eyes widened so much, I thought they'd pop out of my sockets. This reaction was so unexpected. Everyone had a snarky comment to say about me and the new boy.

"Umm... I don't know if it's a good idea," I replied.

"She's nuts," someone else said. What the hell was going on today? I walked inside the school and headed for my classroom. I figured there would be fewer prying eyes in Mr. Garcia's Spanish class. Brad walked with me. He was either oblivious of what others were saying or he didn't care. That was a good sign for me.

"Can I ask you why do you think it's a bad idea?" He asked me. God, he was so perfect. His dreamy crystal clear blue eyes were like puppy sad eyes now and his little upturned nose, his angular jawline, and full lips were so perfect that I knew I was only kidding myself. The front wouldn't last.

"I'm kind of grounded... in a sense," I started to confess. My heart was beating and I knew that this was it. It would be over before it ever began. Once I confessed to him about my weed use, it would be over. I was kind of sad when I thought about it, but it was probably for the best. I had to concentrate on my studies and try to get into the basketball team. Maybe this way I'd get a scholarship and had a chance to enter a good university. I wasn't sure.