Chapter Thirty Five

I waited for Tamara's call and as soon as it came in I walked out of my dad's office and then continued out of the building

I waited for Tamara's call and as soon as it came in I walked out of my dad's office and then continued out of the building. It wasn't dark, but the sun was already leaving the blue sky. I wondered how Brad was and hoped that he was well. It wouldn't be easy to be restrained all night, but there really wasn't another alternative. At least until my father found a cure. I arrived home and my mom greeted me.

"You know, I don't appreciate your father's sense of humor," she said. I nodded. I didn't want to say anything.

"I need to apologize to you," my mom said.

"For what?" I asked her before going up the stairs.

"For doubting you. I shouldn't have," she said. I nodded tiredly.

"It's okay mom. I'm going to crash. I have to take my license exam tomorrow," I replied. My mom nodded.

"Goodnight honey," she said.

"Goodnight," I replied. I took a shower and put on my pjs. I went to bed and tried to sleep, but I spun and spun all night. It was difficult for me to sleep. I tried my best. The moon was full outside and I turned around to avoid it. I placed my sheet over my head and heard a howl. I wondered if it was Brad.

The next day I got up. I tried to wear my best clothes to cause a good impression. Today I was taking my license exam.

"You'll do fine," Tamara said. I really hoped so and kept my fingers crossed. My mom took me to the area of the exam. I met my instructor, Mr. Cumbers. We shook hands and then we got in the car. I put my seatbelt on and checked all of my mirrors just like Preston had taught me to do. Then he ordered me to drive around, make a turn, stop and the exam ended in the parking lot. I passed my exam with an eighty. It wasn't perfect, but I passed. When I arrived home I showed my driver's license to my mom.

"Congratulations kiddo! You've earned yourself a new car," she said. I hugged her. I was going to have my own car. It was so cool. I called Brad, but I didn't get a response. I called Tamara.

"Congratulations Natalie. That's so great," she told me.

"Yeah," I said. She asked me for my driver's license. I showed it to her. She said it was cool.

"So this means that now you don't need me to give you a ride," Tamara said.

"Nor Brad," I replied. My best friend patted my shoulder and tried to comfort me.

"Don't worry Natalie. I'm sure he's fine," she said.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I told her.

"Okay, bye."

I stayed home all day. Tended to the fish and then checked Cameo. He seemed to be healing well. He was wrapped in wrappings on his belly. He was cheerful as always and I rubbed him on his head. I tried to avoid his belly. I would pet him there when he was better. I didn't do much in the day, except for maybe think about Brad. Then, I went to bed as usual and woke up the next day.

The Thanksgiving feast was amazing. There were decorations of dried leaves and sticks everywhere. Fake vegetables and candles decorated the cafeteria. It was totally transformed.

"Good job Tamara," I said.

"Thanks," she replied. We all sat down. Gina Colter lied her ass again, talking about being grateful and how she said thank you where ever she went. After her performance, we ate. I tried, but I couldn't. I wasn't hungry. I was preoccupied thinking about Brad. The day after the feast was Thanksgiving Day. My mom didn't really make a Turkey, she just ordered it. Gloria had the day off, so I was going to wash all of the dishes today. I called Brad and he finally replied.

"Hi."

"Brad? I'm so glad that you're... well," I said.

"You mean, alive? Yeah, I'm alive," Brad said.

"Happy Thanksgiving," I told him.

"Happy Thanksgiving," he replied.

"So, are you eating turkey today?" I asked him.

"Yeah. My mom does it every year. My uncles usually come at this time of the year, but mom told them that she needed some time alone," he said.

"Oh," I replied. I imagined that today wouldn't be as normal as before.

"It's not easy to be locked in a cage all night," he said.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I have to go. I'll call you later," he said.

"Okay, bye."

Around seven o'clock I heard Brad's motorcycle. I was so happy. I got out of the chair and ran to the door. Brad was walking to the door with a cake in his hand.

"My mom insisted that I brought you some pumpkin pie," he said.

"Thanks," I said and grabbed the pie.

"Do you mind if I come in? Umm... never mind, maybe not," he said changing his mind.

"I don't mind at all, come in Brad," I said. Brad came in and my mom greeted him.

"Hey Brad. Happy Thanksgiving," my mom said.

"Happy Thanksgiving," he replied. My mom invited him for turkey. I didn't know that Brad had such an appetite, but he ate three times. After that, he ate some pie and then we watched some TV. We were watching the parade. My mom yawned.

"I'm so tired. I'm going to rest. Make sure to clean everything up Natalie. Goodnight Brad," she said.

"Goodnight Mrs. Connor," Brad said and my mom retired to her room.

"Brad. I need you to understand something. I need you to know that I'm not going to break up with you just because you're a werewolf," I said. Brad nodded.

"Are you sure? You don't have to put up with me."

"Shut up Brad, okay? Just shut up and kiss me," I said.

"Why?" Brad asked.

"Because I fell in love with a werewolf," I said. He grabbed my chin and kissed me. I experienced amazing joy.

The End

Brief Preview of a story titled: Staff and the Wand

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/965572168-the-staff-and-the-wand-chapter-one

com/965572168-the-staff-and-the-wand-chapter-one