Chapter Fifteen

I didn't feel like going out today

I didn't feel like going out today. I hadn't heard anything from Brad, but Tamara called me and insisted I go practice for my basketball tryouts.

"Natalie, it's not like his head was bit off, he'll be fine. The doctor told you himself, a week's rest and that's it," she said.

"He kissed me," I told her over the phone.

"Okay, where's the marihuana when you need one?" She asked. We laughed.

"Natalie, you didn't tell your mom that I smoked with you?" Tamara asked me concerned.

"What? No way. Would you relax?" I told her.

"It's just that if that goes out and with my vice president duties and all, I could easily be removed from the position and get expelled," she told me.

"I would never say a word to anybody. I swear. Besides, I was the one who told you to try it. If anyone's guilty of that crime, it's mua," I told her.

"You're too hard on yourself. I bet you're still thinking about the burrito thing," she said.

"Well, actually-"

"Shut the hell up. Don't even go there. I already told you, it's over. I'm going to tell mom that you won't be able to help me out with the carwash, but you do need to practice some basketball, that's an order from your vice president," she said. I laughed.

"Okay, Tamara. Thanks a lot for understanding," I said.

"You're welcome. You know, I might actually ask Preston out for the dance," she said.

"You should. He seems like a nice guy," I told her.

"You better come with Brad even if he's in a wheelchair. If you don't I'll never forgive you," she said. I nodded.

"Don't worry, you know I'll be there."

"See you tomorrow," she said and I replied in same and hung up. I called Brad's house and he finally replied. But he didn't sound too good.

"Hi. I'm... in a lot of pain," he said.

"But is that normal?"

"I don't know. It could be the rabies shot... who knows?" Brad said.

"Oh... you're right," I replied uncertain.

"I can't talk right now. I'm... too tired," he said.

"Okay Brad. I'll call you later," I said.

"Bye baby," he told me.

"Bye," I replied and he hung up. I spend my day doing the usual and then practiced some basketball.

The next day was lame and terrible and so were the days after that. On Wednesday Gina Colter gave me some shit and I ignored her because I was just too sad to care.