Chapter Eleven

School was becoming less of a burden

School was becoming less of a burden. All of my teachers were still boring and gave us classes that in my opinion wouldn't make a difference in the real world, but things were now changing. Brad was becoming part of my life. For the first time since he had arrived, Brad had decided to sit down next to me. Tamara giggled.

"So I don't understand. What happened? Are you her boyfriend now?" Tamara asked him right out of the blue.

"No, he's not my boyfriend," I instantly replied.

"I haven't gone out with her on a date yet, but I will because I shot three times in the hoop," he said and I laughed. Tamara though was lost because she didn't know what he was talking about.

"Okay... cero weirdness," she said.

"Tamara, I made him a bet and told him that if he threw a ball in a hoop three times, then I'd go out with him," I said.

"And then I'll be officially her boyfriend. She's just in denial. Do you like her earrings? I bought them for her?" He said. My earings that had gone totally unnoticeable throughout the entire day were now her center of attention.

"What? Oh my God, I didn't even notice, and they're shaped in crescent moons, but... wait a minute, are these silver? Like real silver?" Tamara asked me. I nodded.

"Yep," I replied.

"Brad, do you have a brother and if he's your twin, better?" Tamara asked and Brad laughed out loud.

"Sorry. I'm an only son," Brad replied. Then he grabbed one of Tamara's fries and ate them.

"Hey," she complained and Brad smirked.

"It's just a few," he said.

"Get your own damn fries," she said annoyed. Brad got up and got his fries. Then, he came back to the table with us and spent his entire lunch hour with us. Gina and the rest of her table were pissed. Preston walked by us and sat on an empty table.

"Look Tamara, Preston," I said pointing at him as he ate his food.

"So?" She said.

"I saw him yesterday. He works at Smith's Sportstore. It's his dad's," I said. Tamara dipped her fries in ketchup.

"Oh," she said.

"You know, you should talk to him," I said.

"Me? Why?" She asked me looking at him. He was eating a sandwich and looking at other tables in the cafeteria. Then he looked at us and I waved at him. He ignored me and went back to his meal.

"He's a weirdo," Tamara said.

"No, he's not," I said.

"He doesn't seem too weird to me," Brad said.

"He's shy," I told her.

"I think I should go talk to him," Brad said and he picked up his tray and left us to go talk to Preston. Before sitting down he was talking to him about something and then Preston nodded and Brad sat next to him.