Chapter Eighteen

Mrs

Mrs. Krasinski was annoying as usual asking for our assignments. Most people bought a poster and gave it to her. Very few of us handed out written work.

"Why are you handing me posters? You were supposed to do the work?" Mrs. Krasinski was complaining.

"Mrs. Krasinski, I'm not a good illustrator. You wouldn't want the party to suck, would you?" Gina Colter asked. Rob said that he didn't know how to draw, so he bought a plastic pumpkin instead.

"Mrs. Krasinski, this Halloween party has to look good. It would be an embarrassment to have little cardboard drawings," Rob said.

"Alright. But you're only getting half the credit. Jesus, I shouldn't give you any," she said. Then I handed her my one page, one paragraph poem.

"Let me guess, this is from a Halloween story book?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"No. I wrote it. I don't infringe on copyrights," I replied. She glared at me and placed the paper in her desk. I doubted she was going to even read it and I honestly didn't care. From the very start, I knew that it was a waste of time.

"Well, students, as you all know tomorrow night's the party and I've already handed you down the rules of school parties. No drugs, no alcohol, no promiscuous outfits and no fighting," the teacher said. We already knew all of their lame rules. I didn't know why they insisted in repeating them over and over again.

I was excited for the party though. I couldn't wait to see Brad in his phantom of the opera suit. He'd be a blond phantom though, but it didn't matter. I knew that he would look stunning.

"Did you get the plastic rose?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he replied.

"And the sword?" I asked him.

"Yes honey and the sword," he replied.

"Good."

"You know... I don't know if I'll..." Brad said and then stopped.

"What is it honey?" I asked him as we got in his bike.

"I don't know if I'll be healthy," he said.

"What?" I asked confused. Healthy?

"I just... I've been feeling strange lately," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. He shook his head. I don't know. Maybe it's nothing," he replied and then he handed me his black helmet.

"I hope you wear your bracelet and earrings I got for you," he said.

"But it doesn't go with the costume," I remarked and then placed his helmet on.

"Tomorrow night's going to be a full moon. Do you know what that means?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"It means that we've been dating for a whole month," he replied. Wow. I had totally forgotten about that.

"Yeah, you're right," I said. We reached my house. I gave him back his helmet and he kissed me.

"Tomorrow night. One month," he said looking into my eyes. I wanted to drown in his deep blue eyes.

"I love you a lot," he said and kissed me. He didn't even let me finish though. He took off and I just stood there and saw him go away. I didn't know why and I hoped that I was wrong, but somehow, it felt like if he was saying goodbye.