Chapter Seventeen

Brad texted me. He said that he was anxious to see me and that he loved me. He was wondering what I felt for him. I texted back and told him the truth, that I loved him too. Then he asked if I was wearing the bracelet he'd given me and I said yes. I lied. I wasn't really wearing the bracelet because I didn't want to lose it, but it seemed like a big deal for Brad, so once I got home I was going to put it on and take it with me to school.

My dad didn't take the news of my relationship as roughly as I had imagined. He was more annoyed about the fact that I didn't care for college, but said that he could offer me a job in his company. I wasn't too sure about it, but I said that I'd probably work for him. He was fine with that.

"It's going to be tough work though. Don't think I'm cutting you some slack because you're my daughter. And you better do shit right, or I'll fire you without allowance and then you'll have no choice but to go to college," he said. Ouch. I didn't want to imagine my life without his allowance. I asked him about the pension.

"Obviously when you reach eighteen, it's over. But I can still give you money if you need it. I'm not going to allow you to live on the streets or something. What about your boyfriend, is he going to college?" He asked me.

"I'm not sure. I think he's going to an institute or a technical college. He says he likes to work with cars," I replied.

"A mechanic? Could be turned into a profitable business. When do I get to meet him?"

"I don't know dad. I'd have to talk to him and-"

"Arrange it. As soon as possible. I want to see what we're dealing with," he said. I nodded and joked with him with a military salute.

"Okay dad. But take it easy," I replied. Then he kissed me on the head.

"Okay kiddo, get out of here. I'll see you next week," he said. Bummer. I didn't want to see him next week. I would just end up taking care of Christian again. I wasn't thrilled to see the Cars movie again for like the fifteenth time.

I kissed him on the cheek though and didn't tell him how I felt. I opened the door of his jaguar and arrived home. The most delicious thing in the world was to reach my bedroom where I felt comfortable and safe. I placed my half empty backpack in a corner and just tossed my body into bed. My sheets, my pillow, my mattress. It felt so different and personal. I was finally home and I knocked myself to sleep.

I woke up enthusiastically the next day. I was finally going to see Brad. I couldn't wait to see him, but I wondered if he was going to pick me up. I was about to call Tamara when I heard the engine of his motorcycle roaring outside. I opened the curtain of my window to catch a glimpse at him. There he was, in my driveway, parked. His leg was healed. His celestial blond hair was tousled and the wind ruffled it a bit and his smile was wide and excellent. He looked up at my window and smiled. He was chewing gum.