Chapter Thirteen

I took a shower and despite the fact that I was going in jeans, I felt the need to shave my legs

I took a shower and despite the fact that I was going in jeans, I felt the need to shave my legs. I perfumed every inch of my body and used my mouthwash twice before leaving. I blow-dried my hair. It took me an hour to get my hair as straight as possible. I thought I looked okay with a pink blouse. I needed to breathe. My heart was pumping fast. I was nervous. I put on my crescent moon earrings, the ones that Brad had bought for me in the antique shop. I took a black handbag and placed my hot pink lipstick, mascara and powder. My cellphone and charger were in a smaller purse, protected from everything else. I had to breathe.

"Natalie," my mom called even though she didn't have to. I heard his motorcycle outside. The engine stopped. The front door rang and I was still in my room. I was incredibly nervous.

"Natalie," my mom called and knocked on the door. I opened it.

"Yes?"

"Brad's here. I've just spoken to him. He seems like a fine young man," she said. I was shocked.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes, really. I like him and he's a hunk! Now, please take care of yourself. If there's anything wrong, call me and don't have unprotected sex."

"Mom!" She laughed.

"He's waiting for you," mom said.

"Okay." I closed the door of my room and I walked downstairs behind my mother. Brad was waiting for me. He was wearing a dark T-shirt, his dark, black leather jacket and dark blue jeans. He had lowcut rocker boots on and when he saw me, he smiled.

"Thank you Mrs. Peterson. It was nice to meet you. I promise to bring your daughter at ten," he said.

"Seriously? I thought you were coming back at twelve?" My mom asked.

"I can't. I have to sleep in early. I have to go to church on Sunday," he said.

"You go to church?" My mom asked.

"Yeah. Every Sunday mam."

"Okay," my mom said nodding. I could tell that she liked that even if she wasn't too religious herself.

"Have a good time," she said and waved at us. Brad opened the door for me and I walked with him to the motorcycle.

"So..." I said nervously.

"So..." He said and I wondered if he was as nervous as I was.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Are you hungry? Do you want to grab something to eat?" He asked me.

"Okay," I said. Brad got on his motorcycle and then I rode behind him. We were going to go grab something to eat nearby. He stopped at a pizza parlor nearby and parked him motorcycle.

"Is this okay?" He asked me and I nodded. I got off and Brad did the same afterward.

"You know, I'm thinking about buying a car," Brad said.