Chapter Thirty Four

My dad's phone was ringing

My dad's phone was ringing. He didn't pick it up at the first ring, so I had to call him a few times. He answered the phone by my fifth call.

"Natalie?"

"Dad," I replied.

"What is it? I'm busy."

"Dad, I need your help," I replied.

"With what?" He asked me.

"I need sound proof walls and a cage," I said.

"Why the hell do you need sound proof walls and a cage?" He asked me. It was going to be weird to explain it to him, but I figured, screw it.

"It's for Brad, my boyfriend," I replied.

"Oh, fuck no. There is no way in hell you're going to do stripping," he said.

"Dad, it's not that. It's just... wait a minute," I said as Mrs. Wolfram turned on the TV.

"Isn't that?"

"Yep," Brad said. I recognized the guy who was on the floor. It was Patrick. He was dead. The news were saying that he had committed suicide this morning by putting a bullet on his head, but I knew that it wasn't a suicide. I also knew that Brad was the hunter's next target.

"Dad, I seriously need this stuff, it's urgent," I said.

"Aren't you going to tell me why?"

"And silver. Lots of silver," I replied.

"Okay, I'll send it to you in a couple of days. I'm real busy."

"Dad it has to be today, this is an emergency," I urged him.

"Alright, alright. Can you come by the office at five? I'll get you everything, but I want some answers," he said.

"Okay," I replied.

"Okay sweetie, bye." I hung up the phone.

"I have to go and get everything at five," I told the Wolframs.

"I'll go with you," Brad said.

"No. I don't want you to go out Brad. Not for anything. He's out there looking for you. Look at what happened to Patrick," I said.

"She's right. I think you'll be safer here. We'll wait," his mom said. Brad grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen where we could be alone. His mom was about to come in, but Franklin stopped her.

"Sarah, give him some privacy," I heard him say. Soon we were in the kitchen alone.

"Natalie. I don't know what I'd do without you," he said and kissed my hand. I blushed.

"Oh, you'd probably be in a lot of trouble by now," I replied.

"Yeah," he nodded and then he kissed me.