Chapter Seven

The Sorting Hat was placed carefully on Delphi's head and she gazed at everyone's eyes on her.

"Ohhhh! A blood of the dark Lord!" the Sorting Hat said with a quiver in his voice, making the Great Hall erupt in whispers.

"Silence!" Professor Mcgonagall yelled before nodding at the Sorting Hat to continue.

"Hmmm.... Where should I place you?" the hat mused to himself. "What's that in your head? You want to be with Draco Malfoy? Hmm... I guess with your bloodline you'll make a powerful couple with Draco Malfoy. Alright then!" the hat stated loudly.

"Delphini Riddle will be sorted into Slytherin!!!"

The Slytherin house members clapped to welcome her as the other houses gave softer claps.

"Now I expect each and every one of you to treat her as you would any normal Hogwarts student." Professor Mcgonagall announced in a loud and clear voice. "With that being said, let dinner be served!"

Wonderful food appeared on the tables of each houses and everyone started digging in with smiles...

"That Sorting Hat deserves to be burnt..." you mumbled as you drank your water.

"You deserve to be burnt! I'm still trying to digest the fact you left me, your best friend, out of the loop! Hermione knows about your relationship first compared to me!" Ingrid huffed at you.

You shifted uncomfortably in your seat as you gave her your best puppy dog look.

"Aww I did tell you on the night before I went looking for Draco didn't I?"

"Hmph!"

"Aww Ingrid please!"

"Hmm.." Ingrid hummed before smiling at you. "Alright tell me one thing."

"What?"

"How nasty are you with Draco in bed?"

"Ingrid! Honestly you and Blaise can be a couple you know that!"

"Is he single?"

You laughed at your best friend as you smacked her arm.

Unknown to you, Draco asked to be excused from dinner as he apparated back to the Slytherin common room. Since no one was around, he lifted up his sleeve and to his horror... Saw the dark mark...

"Shit!" he held onto his arm as the throbbing got worse. "Is this because of Delphi Riddle?"

"Because of me?" Delphi whispered and Draco whipped his head up at her voice.

"When did you get here?" he snapped. "Why did you follow me?"

"I... I don't know why I feel attracted to you..."

"I already have a girlfriend!"

"That's not my point... I mean there's something pulling me to you..."

Draco searched his mind for answers and he narrowed his eyes.

"Are you the one activating this mark on my arm?!"

"That mark? What's that? I've never seen it before."

"What did Tom Riddle tell you throughout his life of raising you?"

"Uhh... That he's a normal wizard but wanted me to just know the basics of magic that's why I was raised in a Muggle environment... but... Professor Mcgonagall told me about his crimes..."

"How can you not know something was wrong with him?! His appearance was a dead giveaway!"

Delphi stared at Draco, hurt in her eyes.