Chapter One

Brianna's POV

"Get your fucking ass down here, we're leaving now whether you're ready or not," my dad yelled from downstairs.

Shaking I continued packing all the things I possibly could. I grabbed the framed picture of my mom and me and stuck it in my bag. I ran over to my bathroom and gathered my makeup. Then started stuffing all my clothes in my bag, I wasn't sure when the next time I'd be shopping would be.

"That's it you little bitch, I'm coming up there," I heard my dad roar. I ran over to the door quickly opened it and bolted out.

"I'm here, I'm coming down don't worry," I said nervously.

Before my mom was killed I loved my dad, now I'm ashamed to say that I'm terrified of him. When he first told me he was leaving our pack I asked him if I could stay with my brother, John. That was the first time he'd ever abused me because I wanted to stay with my brother and not go with him. He'd abused me plenty more times after that. My brother tried to help me, but it was no use my father insisted he take me.

"Finally, it's about time you came down. Now get in the car. It takes about three hours to get to Blood Moon," he spat.

I ran over to the car and got in. I braced myself for the hell I was about to go through.

Present Day

Now here I was, living with my father and getting abused by him every time he sees me. It was bad, I don't even go to school because he won't let me. Not once in my life had I ever wanted to go to school, now I wished to go just to get away from him.

"Brianna get your ass down here," my father called me. I slowly walked down the stairs, I walked into the family room to see him sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand. "The school has been calling me, they said you need to go to, so from now on you'll be attending the Blood Moon High School." After he said that I couldn't hold in my excitement. I ran back upstairs to get everything ready for tomorrow.

I looked at my phone to see it was already twelve in the morning, I got changed and went to bed.

~*~

I was awoken by my annoying alarm, I turned it off and turned over to go back to sleep. Then I realized today was my first day of school. I hopped out of bed and went to get ready. I straightened my long brown hair and applied some simple eyeliner and mascara. I didn't wear face makeup because I didn't need to, most werewolves have a perfect complexion. I ran over to my closet and got out a grey dress, I put it on then wrapped my red plaid shirt around my waist. I then pulled up my thigh high tights and put some combat boots on. I was ready to go.

"Hey dad, I'm ready to go," I said quietly.

"You're taking the bus. It leaves," he stopped and looked at his watch. "Now." I quickly ran out the door to find the bus stop empty. I missed the bus. I guess I'll have to walk. The only problem was I had no idea where the school was. I walked over to the bus stop and looked at the map. I took a picture with my phone and decided I would just have to figure out how to get there.

It had been ten to twenty minutes when I finally reached the school. No doubt that I was late to my first class, considering school started at eight. I walked into the office and was greeted by a lady sitting at a desk.

"How can I help you sweetie?" she asked.

"Hi, I'm Brianna Taylor, I'm new here," I said nicely.

"Of course! Let me print you schedule and then I'll get someone to help you get all your books," she said. She printed my schedule and called someone over.

"Brianna, this is Savannah. She'll show you around and help you with catching up."

"Hi! Like she said I'm Savannah," she stuck out her and for me to shake. I flinched back at her sudden movement. That wasn't like me, but I guess my father had made me fear sudden movements.

I grabbed her hand, "Well hi Savannah, I'm Bri."

"It's nice to meet you. Can I see your schedule?" she asked. I handed her my schedule. "So right now I'll go with you to get your books then I'll take you to your first class, don't worry about being late," She lead me to the library where I got my book and then we headed to my locker.

I opened my locker and put all but my history book in, at least I had history first which I oddly liked.

"Thanks for your help," I said.

"No problem, we both have history first and I guess Miss Cruz thought it was a good idea to show you around," she commented.

We walked into the class room when the most breath taking smell hit me. I looked at the back of the room to see the hottest guy I've ever seen in my life. His blue eyes stared into my green ones. I finally broke the stare when the teacher said, "Hi, how can I help you?"

"Oh, hi my name is Brianna and I'm new here," I said quietly.

"Of course, how could I forget. Please take a seat next to Cole, Cole raise your hand please."

I looked to see the guy I was staring at earlier with his hand up. Cole. It worked for him. Oh boy was he hot. I slowly walked over to him and took a seat. My wolf was trying to tell me something but I had her blocked out. As soon as I got closer to Cole I could smell the power coming off of him, he was an alpha.

"Hi, I'm Cole," he whispered to me.

"Brianna, but my old friends called me Bri,"

"Well it nice to meet you Bri," he stuck out his hand and once again I flinched back.

I grabbed his hand and immediate shocks surged through me hand. I quickly pulled away. He looked into my eyes and then I knew. He was my mate.