xiv

I flip the page of my notebook aggressively, almost ripping it off. Soohee looks at me for a few seconds before looking away again. I then continue to flip the other pages in the same way.

"Stop" Soohee whispers, holding my hand "people are looking at us"

I look around the library and they are looking not at us exactly, but at me. I wanted to tell them off, shouldn't they be minding their own business instead? Focus on the books in front of you, not on me.

I closed the notebook and set it aside. I took out a pen and started tapping it, the tapping gradually got louder as I hit the desk harder every second.

She grabs the pen from my hands, putting it far from my reach. She gave me a small soft smile before she continues to read her book.

Since I couldn't find anything to do, I took out my phone. I didn't really have any games so I just scrolled through my photos. I didn't know what got in me but I started to tap my phone in a hostile manner. At some point I even wanted to throw my phone to the ground and smash it.

"Luna!" Soohee whisper yells.

"What?"

"What's your problem?" she asks with wide eyes.

I shrug. "I don't know"

I really don't. I just feel so....mad and I don't know what the reason is.

"If you're gonna continue this I'm not gonna talk to you"

I could tell she was starting to get angry as well. I'm not used to seeing her like this. As a friend, I didn't want to lose her as she means a lot to me.

I sighed and got up. "I'm sorry" I say "I'll just take in some fresh air, I'll be back"

Now that I'm outside, I feel a bit more calm. I don't know what I was thinking about earlier, I just know that I wanted to break something, preferrably smash a bottle.

I walked back and forth in front of the library. I don't want to go back inside just in case I'd cause a scene, maybe I should just wait for her to get back out, but I already told her I'll get back, I'm pretty sure she's waiting for me.

I move a strand of hair away from my face as I sat down the stairs. I don't know why but I just feel so mad. I feel like if I see another person I'd punch their face.

"Look who's here"

I heard someone say. I decided to ignore them, maybe it's not me who they're talking to. I don't want to turn around and embarrass myself.

"Ya, are you ignoring me?"

Now I'm having the feeling they're talking to ME.

"You have a lot of guts huh" I heard them scoff "Ya Kang Luna!" they shout, followed by the feeling of my hair being pulled back.

Annoyed, I stood up and faced whoever pulled my hair.

She crosses her arms as she raised an eyebrow. "You finally noticed me" she says with a smile on her face.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Nothing, just wanted to know why someone as stupid as you is at the library"

I want to punch her so bad. I took a deep breath to control my self.

'Calm down Luna' I thought to myself 'You wouldn't want to get in trouble'

"You think you're something now just because you're hanging out with Ni-ki?" I ask smiling at her "You do realize you just look like you're his dog, right?"

"At least he talks to me, unlike" she stops for a while, eyeing me up and down "you"

I balled my fists, oh that's it I'm not holding back anymore. I don't even care if I get in trouble, this would be worth it.

I started to walk towards her. She just stood there, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Luna!"

I stopped, I was just a few inches away from her.

"Luna" I felt someone hold my arm, it was Soohee.

"You were taking so long so I went out" she says, looking at Yena then back at me "let's go"

'You're lucky' I thought while glaring at Yena.

"bye bye" she smirks as we leave.

**

"Care to explain what was going on back there?" She asks me as soon as we got back to our classroom.

"I was just talking to her" I lied.

She leans back on her chair, raising her eyebrow at me. Clearly, she doesn't believe me. "It didn't look like you were just talking to her earlier"

I looked away from Soohee.

"Luna, would have gotten in big trouble and it's not right to hurt someone no matter how much you hate them" she sighs.

"I just...couldn't help it. I was already angry before she showed up, she just added fuel to the fire"

"Stick with me at all times" she says sternly.

I looked at her, furrowing my eyebrows. "But why?"

"So I could monitor what you're doing AND to stay away from trouble, Luna I care about you and I just want the best for you"

Right now I feel like she's my mom, I wanted to tell her 'no' but I didn't. Maybe this would be the best for me.

"Fine" I reply.