xx

Luna's P.O.V

It was hard at first but I'm slowly getting used to it. Getting used to ignoring and avoiding him. I'm also starting to accept the fact that Ni-ki would never return the feelings I have for him.

Yena still wouldn't leave me alone. From time to time she would bump at me and pretend it was an accident. If her things go missing, she would accuse me without any proof. Of course no one believed her, I'm with Soohee all the time, she's my alibi. And why would I even steal her stuff?

"Oh sorry" Yena says, batting her eyelashes.

Do you ever just wanna stab someone's eyes with a pencil?

"It's fine" I say as I bend down to pick up my books.

I don't want to argue with her, it would just be a waste of my time.

"Let me help you with it" I hear Ni-ki say.

Before he could even bend down to help me, Soohee pushes him to the side. "No thank you, I'll help her"

Ni-ki just stood there staring at us. I took a quick glance and made eye contact with him, was he looking at me?

"Let's get out of here" Yena says. She grabs Ni-ki, walking away to who knows where. Hopefully they don't come back.

"Ugh, that Yena girl" Soohee says handing me my books back.

"I know, I hate her" I chuckle.

"But Ni-ki" she says as she stares at the direction where they just left.

"Ni-ki tried to help you" she adds "ignore the fact that I pushed him, but he tried to help you"

I shrug. "I didn't notice"

"Are you blind or are you stupid?"

I hit her hand lightly as a laugh escapes my mouth. "Come on let's get back inside"

He tried to help me, I know that. I just didn't want to believe it. But why? I don't know.

I shake my head. Trying to forget what just happened earlier. Maybe he didn't know it was me, maybe he thought it was a different person. Yeah, that's what happened.

**

I poke my food, not in the slightest mood to eat. The thought keeps bothering me, why did he even try to help me? After all this time, is he actually starting to be nice to me?

I let out a sigh. If I let this get into my head, at the end of the day, it would be me that would get hurt. I shouldn't overthink these kinds of stuff.

"Hey!" I shout when I felt water splash on me.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" Yena says, I could see her holding her laugh. "Are you okay?"

She is so bad at acting. You could tell she doesn't even care.

"If you wanna laugh, then go" I say, wiping the water that was dripping from my face.

She crosses her arms. "I told you it was an accident and I apologized, didn't I?"

"Accident my ass" I scoff "you should take acting classes, you're really bad at it"

I could feel the students eyes on eyes. They were whispering, some stopped eating just to watch us, are they not gonna do anything? Do they think we're here to entertain them or something?

"Yena just stop it" Ni-ki says.

"I can't just let her be rude to me" Yena says.

She raised her hand, about to slap me. I shut my eyes closed, waiting for her hand to fall on my face but it didn't. I opened my eyes and saw Ni-ki with a tight grip on Yena's arm.

"I said stop it" Ni-ki says, dropping her hands.

Yena looks shocked, so am I and Soohee.

"I don't have the time for this, go waste your time somewhere else"

I immediately got out of the cafeteria, not wanting to stay there any longer.

I went straight into the bathroom, Soohee was just behind me.

"You should tell the teacher what Yena did" Soohee says.

I turned on the faucet and washed my face. "So that they could call my mother? No, I don't want to get in trouble"

Mom is strict when it comes to dating. No boys until I graduate, not once I told her who I have a crush on, if I did she would lecture me about how a boy would just ruin my life.

And I'm starting to think she's not wrong.

"So? you would just let it pass?" Soohee raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, let her do what she wants until she get's tired"

Soohee shakes her head at me. "You're crazy"

"Maybe I am"

**

I toss and turn on my bed. I have trouble falling asleep, the events earlier keep on replaying on my mind.

My mind is now full of questions. Why did Ni-ki help me? Why did he stop Yena? Maybe he likes m- no. Luna what are you thinking? he doesn't like you. He did that just because he pities you.

I lay on my back, staring at the ceiling. I'm not gonna let my feelings take over me again. No, I'm done.