Chapter 26.

Happy 2.02k reads!!💃💃💃💖💖❤❤🙏🙏🙈🙈🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊Thanks guys!!!!!! And 593 votes!! Thanks so much guys!!❤❤🎉

Abiola's POV

2 months later

I looked outside the restaurant building, I have been trying my very best to avoid going home at all cost. The past two months were hell for me.

My mom was always quiet and wouldn't say a thing, my dad trying hard to get the both of us to talk to him and me, avoiding both of them at all cost. To top it all, he wanted her to live in the same house as me. My mom said nothing and accepted it, she told me after all, she the first wife and she doesn't have to bother about anything, she is my dad's first love. She doesn't care if he marries again, because she knows, no one can come in between them. I stopped talking to her too.

Not only that but my dad has been buying unnecessary things for me. He bought three cars in just two months as if that's not enough, he went shopping and got me lots of bags and shoes. I found them all useless because I didn't need them. He had apologized times without number, but I always ignore him. No, I don't walk out on him, I wait till he's done, then I walk away as if nothing happened.

My mom tried to talk to me several times too, but I ways act as if I wasn't hearing a thing. She got tired and stopped trying to get me to talk to them. She also asked Konyii to speak to me, but I shunned her too. I wasn't in the mood to talk about it. It's his life and not mine, why are they trying to please me?

Then, several weeks later, she moves in. Since my mom is an easy person, she accepted her quickly and they got along. While everyone is still waiting for me to accept her, most especially my dad. He felt bad, since I think he only wished I was a male child and he wants one. I felt useless all of a sudden, I felt like, it's a crime to be an only child, then to top it all, a female. I felt like, I won't ever be enough, no matter how I tried. Maybe that's why Tobi was also using me, because I'm cheap and useless. I felt a lump in my throat. On the bright side, Wale and I had gotten closer and he finally asked me out. My parents had no problem with it and I didn't even care. Though, I don't really feel more than friendship love for him, I couldn't say anything to him nor could I reject when he asked me out. Konyii told me to not give him high hopes, but I didn't listen.

My dad's "wife" always tried to get me to talk to her, but I never give her a chance to talk to me. I remember the morning I didn't come out for breakfast and she brought it to my room. When she knocked and I opened the door, immediately I noticed her, I slammed the door back in her face. I heard the tray and plate hit the tiles, meaning it had fallen from her hands. I heard footsteps rush, but I didn't care. Hearing my dad and mum's voice asking if she was alright, my mom already knowing what I did, banged on the door, but my dad told her to let me be.

Later that afternoon, while I was about to leave the house, she came and asked me what I would eat. I walked out and got into my car and drove off. She should impress her husband not me.

"What's wrong? Why the tears?" Someone asked and it was Ayo. I didn't even notice him. I touched my face and indeed I was crying. I wiped the tears with the back of my hands and sniffed.

"I'm not crying." I faked a smile and rubbed my hands on my hoodie-well, Tobi's hoodie- then looked away. He sat down and looked at me sympathetically.

"Why don't you give her a chance, not all step mothers are wicked." I looked at him as if he'd grown extra heads.

"Do you have one?" He looked at me weirdly, Because of the tone I had used on him. Surely it wasn't friendly, he shook his head no.

"Good, mind your business." I said and stood up, gave him a last glance and walked out. Very rude of me, but who cares. I have more important things to worry about.

I waved a cab and got in, I had stopped using my car. I got home and headed straight to my room, ignoring my "Step-mom's" call. I sat on my head, removing my shoes. I was famished, but I won't go into that kitchen if she's home. I'd rather starve.

"Hello gurl!" She barged into my room, while I was about to sleep with an empty stomach.

"Must you shout?" I asked trying my british accent.

"Yes baby, I must. Here's food, your step-mom called me to buy something for you, she knows you won't eat her food. But trust me, she can cook." Konyii said handing me a food package. I collected it, muttering a thanks and dug in immediately. I felt Konyii watching me, but I ignored her.

"Ayo told me what you did, and I don't like it a bit." She queried, frowning her face. I then felt bad, he was only looking out for me.

"I'll apologize later, let me get my strength back." I said putting a huge spoonful in my mouth. She also brought out a plate I didn't notice before and started eating. The plate looked like the one we use at home and I looked at her suspiciously.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. It's your step mom that cooked it, it's yummy right?" Konyii said, having a mischievous look in her face. I felt like throwing the plate of food on her face. I dropped the plate on the floor and slid it to her.

"That's very rude Konyii, if you know you would feed me the food that that witch cooked, just don't talk to me."

"Don't call the innocent woman a witch, she didn't ask you to hate her. She knew you wouldn't eat her food, so we packed it like I ordered it." She said still having a mischievous smile. I stood up before she could comprehend what I was about to do, I stormed out of the room and went downstairs with the plate to the kitchen. I saw the woman smiling with Lilly. Immediately, she turned around after I got into the kitchen. I threw the food into the bin straight up and turned around to see her shocked face and my Parents standing by the door.

"Abiola,what did you do that for? If you know you wouldn't eat the food, drop it and go, why waste it?" My mom scolded.

"I didn't ask her to give me any food, I was doing well before she sent Kon-"

"Just shut up! I'm done with your nonsense! If you won't accept her then just leave, I've treated you more than a queen since you were a kid and I'm not allowed to do what I want? What exactly is your problem?!" My dad thundered and it scared me. It scared me so much that things were changing, all because he decided to re-marry. I looked at his wife with so much hatred, she shivered and looked away. I turned to walk away but my dad's furious voice stopped me.

"Move and inch there and you're leaving my house!" I turned back and smiled, then I walked out.

Immediately I got to my room, I started crying and in anger I brought out my duffel bag and began stuffing clothes inside.

"Abi, you just have to calm down. He was only angry." Konyii said softly. I turned around and glared at her. She kept quiet immediately and I continued packing.

"Abiola, stop all this!" My mom said barging into my room.

"Abiola, it was a mistake." My dad said also coming into the room. I zipped up the bag and turned to leave. Getting to the door, in front of my dad.

"You can continue your honeymoon!" I said and left the house.

Abiola oo😂😂 she dey vex. I might drop another chapter tomorrow!! Or maybe two, I want to finish before next month, but.... I'm lazy!😞😞

So, make me happy. ❤❤