Chapter 29.

Abiola's POV

I was about to close my room door, but it got hooked. I looked up to see Tobi, then looked down and saw his foot. He pushed open the door and walked in.

"Tobi, just leave. Please!" I cried out.

"Listen to me, atleast you slapped me already." He said touching his cheek.

"I don't care and I'm not sorry. Just leave!" I snapped, but he just looked at me. I gave up trying to chase him out and sat on my bed, face buried in my palms. I heard his footsteps coming closer to me and I looked up at him. He squatted in front of me and tried to hold my hand, but I moved away from him. He rubbed his face and looked at me.

"Please, listen to me." He said, grabbing my hands firmly.

"I don't want to." I hicupped. He stood up and walked out. I heard the front door slam close and I knew he had left. As much as I wanted to know why they played me like that, I wasn't ready.

Two months later

Abiola! Are you ready?" Konyii asked walking into my room, her dark red satin off the shoulder gown that had a split flowing behind her.

It was finally our graduation, one month torture of exams and heartbreak

It was finally our graduation, one month torture of exams and heartbreak. I had to push through my exams all the while, not letting anything to distract me. Wale has no idea what's going on, neither did I let Tobi explain anything.

My parents had located me with the help of Aunty Funmi, she figured I didn't let my parents know and she brought them over. My mom hugged me tight, she was looking lean and fragile. She was too stressed of my whereabouts and decided she wouldn't eat until I was found. My dad did things he could do, until aunty Funmi blew my cover and I'm really happy. His wife though, she's still trying to get me to like her, but all her efforts are futile. I dont care anymore.

"Almost." The make up artist said applying my eye liner.

"Tobi would salivate all through, just looking at you." Konyii said when I stood up. I looked at myself in the mirror and I smiled, but realizing what she said, I rolled my eyes.