𝟙.𝟡: 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕎𝕒𝕤 ℍ𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝔻𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕀𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤?

—Narrator's perspective—

          Arabella was fiddling with a pen on her one hand, while the other was Hope holding boredly, casually tracing circles on the Vampire's palm. The two was awfully quiet while Ric gave his speech about a follow-up to the rest of the students. She was too much unfocused seeing as she was tired, thanks to Hope, and wanted nothing more than to sleep.

However on the other hand, Hope couldn't stop feeling a little guilty for Landon who was glancing on them from time to time. It was wrong for her to use the boy as a scapegoat or as a definition to confirm on who she really liked. And it's Arabella Salvatore none other.

"...But rest assured we are taking every precaution. Sheriff Donovan has been kind enough to open the doors of the Lockwood Mansion to us, So Mr. Williams and Ms. Tig are now in the process of evacuating our students from the lower grades..."

Time and time again, Arabella voiced out Alaric's voice and instead stared at the floorboards in boredom. There's nothing Ric told them that she didn't know already.

"Hey let's go." Hope said and pulled her hand upwards. The girl breathed in and looked around her to see everyone scattering already to go to their dorms. "You look kind of crappy if we're honest." She teased as they both walked their way to their room.

"I am glad to know my lovely girlfriend cares for my well-being." Arabella snarked and yawned loudly and supressed it. "Damn it— you know what? damn you." She said to Hope who looked at her surprised.

"What did I do?" She asked, towering her voice in confusion by her sudden outburst.

"Oh you know what you did." Bella said and gave her a look which made Hope laugh in realisation of what she meant. "I didn't think you're the reason what kept me up at night." She said and opened the door, letting Hope come in first before she followed.

Hope chuckled and nearly jumped into bed, Arabella's bed, for that matter. She already pulled the covers to her neck and it made the blonde look at the girl in adoration before joining her.

The tribrid snuggled her face to Arabella's neck, closing her eyes gently while feeling comfortable of their position. Arabella came to conclusion that she will never in a million years let this girl go, no matter the cost. She didn't even bid her goodnight because of her tiredness.

Someone opened the door making her open her eyes, her heart immediately dropped when she recognised that face. "What— H-how..." She asked and sat up, Hope was on her side looking the opposite way of where she was and asleep.

"You are even pathetic than what I could remember." He sneered, gripping on her wrist harshly making her jump and the water in her eyes begin to form.

"Stop! You're dead— You're dead!" This time, she used her vampire speed and threw him across the wall, a mirror shattering and a painting fell.

However, the man stood up like it was nothing and lets out a sadistic laughter. "Where's your girlfriend gone?" He asked making Arabella turned around and saw Hope was gone, the bed was full of blood making her heart drop to her stomach. "You are hideous, Arabella Black. I could never call you my daughter." He sneered, gripping on her throat and all of a sudden, she couldn't feel her strength, it was gone in a snap.

A woman with a black veil appeared behind Emmett. Arabella's father was gone but before she could escape, the night hag stretched her hand forward and dug her nails onto her skin making her yell in pain of it. "You know what I want. Give it to me!" She demanded and just dug it deeper making her cough in blood. What was happening?