𝟚.𝟙𝟝: 𝕃𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕤 𝕊𝕠 𝕄𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝔼𝕒𝕤𝕚𝕖𝕣 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕀 𝕆𝕟𝕝𝕪 ℂ𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕄𝕪𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗

-Narrator's perspective-

"I know you are all worried. Believe me, no one is more worried than I am. My daughter Josie is still missing. But even as I speak, we're doing everything we can to find her. Jed and the wolves are attempting to track her. Kaleb and the vampires have compelled local police for any help that they can provide. We will find her and bring her home." Alaric looked over his students as he gave the morning assembly. "That said, I just want to reiterate, under no circumstances should any of you approach her. While she is out family and friend, she is under the influence of black magic and... not herself. Your safety and Josie's is my top priority. I promise you I will get through to her and bring back the Josie we know and love safely. But first, we just have to find her."

A loud thud occured on the entrance on the top of the stairs. Everyone looked back, the doors opened and in entered Josie Saltzman with a new look. "I'm right here, dad." She greeted like it was no big deal and descended from the stairs using her magic.

"Well, don't look so shocked. Did you really think that I would miss my birthday?" She asked and turned to her sister who was just on her right. "Oh, I'm sorry, our birthday. So, what did I miss?"

Arabella exhaled, looking back to Ric who didn't know what to say or do at this point. Everyone didn't. So they just took off, every single one went their own ways including Arabella who walked around the school and made sure that Josie won't do anything drastic.

That was useless seeing as she has black magic and a squad of witches who are more than willing to back her up. Arabella even witnessed Josie almost siphoned Mg to desiccation.

"We need to talk to Dr. Saltzman." Hope spoke besides the blonde who also saw the entire thing go down. "Kaleb." She called, cocking her head to the side as a gesture to follow them.

He nodded and told Mg to be careful and not piss off Josie next time. The three, Hope, Arabella and Kaleb walked to get to the headmaster's office. Before they can get in, Kaleb told them to wait as they listen in on what's going on on the inside.

Hope opened the doors and they all came inside immediately. "So that's your plan? To lock Josie in the box?" Kaleb asked.

"Which you know she's fully capable of controlling, right?" Hope added, closing the door behind them and walked towards the desk.

"Professor Vardemus assured me she wouldn't be able to do that at thus difficulty level. Plus, the box will keep her safe until Caroline and I can figure out a way to help her permanently." He explained calmly.

"Yeah, but what if she hurts someone before you do? She just tried desiccating Mg." The male vampire argued back, completely against this plan.

"And that's a good sign, because she's fully capable of doing worse. If anything, I see that as proof that she can still be reached."

"Yeah, well, I looked in her freaky black eyes and I'm not so sure about that, Doc." He said once again, arguing the fact.

"Look, we want to help Josie, obviously, but we need to keep the school safe." Hope interrupted their debacle, looking over the human who was stubborn.

"And the only way we can do that is if we treat this like a monster problem." Kaleb added.

Alaric blankly said, "I just don't see it that way." The three in front of him looked at each other with a knowing look.