𝟙.𝟙𝟜: 𝕃𝕖𝕥'𝕤 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖

—Narrator's perspective—

trigger warning warning (kind of)

"You know, this is not how I wanted my day to go. It was quite all right when Lizzie was the one who was competing, not you." Arabella joked with a faint smile on her face, right palm up and inches away from Hope's.

"I'm beginning to think this was a mistake. Maybe I should just flunk it?" Hope questioned in a suggestion tone, a small smile escaped her lip when she heard Arabella chuckle.

"Left hand around." One of the judges spoke, which everyone followed. "Both hands."

Arabella hid her smile, following Hope's lead that she was beginning to think this was a good idea. "You want to talk about it? This morning ot whatever?" She asked, never letting her gaze lift off of Hope's tense figure.

"Not now, please? Let's just finish the dance." Hope whispered out, earning a terrified look from Arabella who just cleared her throat and nodded.

"Say no more" Arabella replied in slight pain of Hope's words, holding her waist as they were instructed to do and danced formally. "And of Roman? You never really did tell me what you felt towards him."

"He was the past, Arabella." Hope said and by the mention of her name, Arabella felt her heart clench. "He spent half of his life desiccated in a cave. Then he was brainwashed by his mother who's a literal nazi. And he's spent the last two years doing really good work for the school."

Arabella sighed, trying to refrain herself from snapping and making Hope upset. "It doesn't change the facts." She snapped and inhaled, pulling apart from Hope. "I-I'm sorry. I need to go." She whispered, sparing one last look at Hope before leaving the rehearsal.

Hope watched her figure leave, her magic lost control when she saw how disappointed Arabella looked. The glasses and bottles of drinks were clinking, the tables going crazy because of how seeing the vampire leave drove her mad. Lizzie saw this, walking up to Hope and told her to follow her.

On the other hand, Arabella slammed her door shut, the unbearable and familiar pain on her chest started to rise. Ever since Hayley died, she couldn't adjust to a normal life knowing she passed. It certainly didn't help her when Klaus was gone as well. All because of some Vampires that wanted to balance the nature.

Arabella walked around the room, hyperventilating and had flipped a chair towards the wall, creating a small dent. But she didn't care when her knees went weak and buckled on the floor, couldn't breathe normally. It took every ounce of her humanity on not killing Roman the moment she saw him.

She hasn't felt that kind of pain again when first, Stefan died. Arabella shut everyone out and that included the Mikaelson family who had no idea on what was happening even. So, to put her mind at ease and distract herself, she bounced off from country to country, city by city until she could no longer remember to torment of losing a brother.

All that pain came back when she heard Hayley was dead. Everything she has been pushing through so much came back with a snap of a finger and it angered her. Arabella lets out a whimper, her heart felt like its been crushed by someone physically as her thoughts were invaded with the memories of her and Hayley.

The girl was alone in the room, having to go through this by herself. Arabella's mind went to Hope and how she might be coping when Roman arrived here. It was selfish of her to snap and run away from Hope when she needed her the most. For almost a few more
minutes, she breathed in sharply, exhaling like her life depended on it.