𝟙.𝟙𝟘: 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝔸 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕖

—Narrator's perspective—

The Blonde was too bored and unbothered to even care about what Alaric was saying. She had her legs up the coffee table, back leaning on the couch while she just smiles whenever Alaric would look at her.

"You sure it glowed again?" Hope asked while tending to an arrow on her hand. She was on the chair in front of the Headmaster's desk, looking at the urn in horror.

"I sleep with the damn thing under my pillow It's hard to miss." Alaric answered and pointed his unloaded crossbow on the wall and fired as if he just shot something.

"What do you think it's gonna be this time?" She asked again and looked up at Ric. "Hm? Cyclops? Slender Man? Santa?"

Arabella chuckled and shook her head when she was focused on Hope's voice.

"Well given our luck, I think it's safe to rule out 'ol saint nick." He exclaimed and put down the weapon he was holding.

"I don't know. I mean, Santa Claus is kind of terrifying when you think about it. Breaks into your home. He sees you when you're sleeping. Not to mention, Judge-y." She leaned back and her words caught Arabella laughing.

"Hope, I need you to focus." Ric said and rounded his table.

"Look, I'm trying. I just wish that Satan's nightlight would give us some rest." She shrugged and pointed at the urn in frustration.

Alaric agreed, "Yeah. And I wish that knife was never in our school to begin with, but it's not like we can change that now. All we can do is make sure we're not blindsided by another monster waltzing through our doors."

As soon as Alaric finished what he said, the door opened and they all darted their eyes to see the Saltzman twins with luggages and smelt like airport. Arabella widen her eyes, completely forgetting to remind Alaric that he still needs to pick Jo and Lizzie up at the airport, hours ago.

"Too late." Hope remarked, stood up and sat besides Arabella so that she wouldn't get in the middle of the father and daughters reunion.

"Oh god. Uh, girls. What are you doing here?" You're not supposed to get in until tonight." Ric said, flustered at how his daughters got here.

"Mom was able to get us direct into Dulles. Then Faxed, texted and e-mailed you our revised itinerary." Lizzie seemed pissed but everyone was guessing she was restraining herself not to implode.

"I am so sorry. It's- It's chaos around here." Ric said and looked at the two girls who was sitting on the couch for help but they gave him a supportive smile saying, 'he got this'.

Josie looked at Lizzie. "It's okay, dad. We know that you're overwhelmed. But Europe was amazing. And seeing Mom was really good." She said in an exciting tone.

"Jo's covered the bright side. Far less sunny was waiting for you in the chilly dark of morning at the terminal and you not showing up." Lizzie said and dropped the bag on her shoulder, letting it face the floor in anger.

"Not to defend him but we've been in a crisis every hour since you were gone." Arabella spoke up, vouching for Ric who was still guilty for not picking up his daughters.