Chapter One

Steve POV

Steve ducked as something went sailing over his head. An explosion went off behind him.

"They know we're here," he said into the comms.

"You think?" came the snarky reply from Tony.

"Keep going," Steve said, "just because we lost the element of surprise, doesn't mean we still can't take this base down."

The whole team had gone to disable a hydra base in the middle of nowhere. Bucky was slowly regaining his memories, thanks to a little help from T'Challa and Shuri, and said this base was where a lot of winter soldier things happened.

A storm of bullets came at Steve, and he put his shield up, the shield taking the damage. When the bullets stopped, he threw his shield, effectively knocking out three of the Hydra agents. Tony blasted a few and Thor got the rest.

Steve and the rest of the team battled against the other hydra agents before they could get inside. Steve, Tony, and Natasha were supposed to go in, rescue any hostages, plant a bomb, and get the hell out. They all split to look for hostages.

It wasn't long before Steve came across a locked door. He kicked it open and was immediately met with a storm of bullets. Steve barely got his shield up in time. The storm stopped and Steve risked a glance over the top of his shield. A woman with h/l h/c hair and e/c eyes looked back at him. She had no gun, and there was no one else there.

"Get away from me," she said, her voice raspy.

"It's okay, we're here to help," Steve reassured her.

"I don't need your help," she said, and walked out of the room, straight past him.

Steve grabbed onto the woman's arm.

"Ma'am, we need to- "

Steve was cut off as the woman twisted her arm out of his grip and kicked him in the ribs. He stumbled back and she ran down the hallway towards the exit. She almost got to the door when it burst open and Iron Man stood in her way, the Black Widow following closely behind.

The woman stopped in her tracks and started walking backwards.

"Who's this?" Tony asked, stepping forward.

Steve was about to answer when the woman quickly stepped to the side, outstretched her arms, and pulled them past her. Tony's suit went flying with the movement, even though she hadn't touched him. Tony crashed into Steve and Natasha pulled up her gun and shot at the woman.

The other woman held out a hand and the bullet froze in mid-air for a second, before zipping back towards Natasha. Natasha didn't dodge fast enough. The bullet grazed her side, not enough to kill her, but enough to hurt like hell. Natasha went down and the woman moved as if to run through the door. Steve threw his shield at her. Without looking behind her, she threw back a hand. Steve's shield halted in the air, and then dropped like a stone. The woman looked back one last time.

"Don't come looking for me."

Y/n POV

I sat down on the train seat while looking in every direction. I'd done it. I'd finally escaped Hydra and could lead a relatively normal life. I thought back to the three people I'd seen in the base. They were the people Hydra had wanted me to kill once they'd finished experimenting on me. I repressed a shudder.

I was used to test out theories. To see if the supernatural could be taken and thrust into my body. It worked. I could now manipulate metal and heal myself and others and an abnormal rate. I was also a super soldier. Hydra also took my memories.

I stayed on the train until I reached Brooklyn, New York. Something about the name just seemed familiar to me. I had gained back most of my memories, but not all of them. I knew my name, birthdate and I'm pretty sure my mother's name was (m/n). But it didn't matter if that was her name because she was dead.

I walked around Brooklyn for a while, trying to find somewhere to stay. I needed money to get a hotel room.

I walked around to a fountain that people were throwing coins into. I held my hand open palm up and a coin flew out of the fountain and into my hand. I put it in my pocket. I needed to find a job and a place to stay.

Somewhere I could pretend to be normal.

A/N

Hello my lovelies! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of 'Trust Me.'

If you enjoyed please comment and vote!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~ LadyLokiLaufeyson