Chapter Three

I stood outside the Avengers Tower. It was a sunny Saturday, and tours were being led today. I wore a cap to conceal my face, jeans, and a leather jacket. I entered the building and joined a random tour. We walked around the building, and I learned a few things about the Avengers. Halfway through the tour, I saw a stairway. Well, it was a door, but I could feel the metal stairs and rails behind it. I just needed something to distract the rest of the tour so that I could get in.

I could make everyone's name badges fall off, or maybe I could make a gun fire?

But I didn't need a distraction, because Steve Rogers entered the room, and everyone swarmed him like seagulls swarm a chip. I slowly and cautiously walked towards the door, making sure no one saw me. There was a camera, but I warped the metal to cover the lens. I quickly ran up the stairs, looking at a mental map of where the computers were. Hydra had wanted me to break in here eventually.

I entered a door that I knew led to a room of computers.

I stood in front of a computer, and plugged my USB in. The computer automatically started downloading my virus that would take and destroy files. I waited for the numbers to reach 100. I had a vague memory of doing something similar to this for Hydra.

Was I really any better than them? I was still doing the things that they'd made me do.

You are better, I thought to myself. You're just making sure you disappear so that you can be normal. Or, as normal as you can be.

Once the numbers reached 100, I yanked the USB out of the computer and made my way out of Stark Tower. I decided to look straight in the camera above the receptionist desk. I smirked at it, waved, and turned away.

I pulled my cap down lower and exited the building. I walked towards my motorbike and pulled on my helmet.

Finding money had been a lot easier than I'd thought it'd be. There seemed to be coins everywhere, and people dropped expensive watches a lot more than you'd think, making it easier for me to afford things. Like the motorbike that I started driving down the street.

Everything seemed to be going fine, until a black SUV started following me. I was a little bit weary, until I saw three more black SUVs.

"Shit," I muttered, making a sharp left, and causing cars to honk at me.

I raced towards the tunnels, and a few more cars appeared. I could've easily flipped all of the cars over, but I didn't want to hurt anyone. They hadn't seemed to be hurting me anyway.

I sped towards the underground tunnels and a motorbike appeared on my right. Red hair flowed from underneath the helmet, and I knew it was the Black Widow.

I shouldn't have smirked at the camera.

I sped up, going way over the speed limit and dodging cars, but the Black Widow kept up with me. We entered the tunnel and the Black Widow pulled out a gun. She shot at my wheel, and it would have hit but I blocked it with my power.

I saw a truck coming down the tunnel, coming the opposite way. I sharply turned my bike and it crashed into the middle barrier, but I was already leaping from the bike. I landed against the truck with a smack, but I was able to stick to the truck, like a magnet. The truck drove on without stopping. I looked back and saw a black SUV tailing the truck.

"God dammit," I muttered.

Why couldn't they just leave me alone?

I crawled to the top of the truck, my hands and feet sticking to the sides. I quickly flattened myself when the tunnel opening came up ahead. The truck sailed through, unaware that there was an extra passenger on board.