Chapter Twelve

A gun fired out of nowhere and Wanda went down. I turned to see nine HYDRA agents holding up guns. I tried to rip them from their grasps, but the guns weren't metal. They had adapted.

Clint and Vision went to Wanda while Tony and Sam and I took care of the agents. Steve and Natasha teamed up to keep Bucky in the building.

Seeing as the agent's weapons weren't metal, I went in for hand to hand combat. I kicked and dodged and punched until there were only two agents remaining. I left Tony and Sam to deal with them as I ran over to Wanda. She had passed out due to blood loss. Vision was applying pressure to the wound while Clint used his earpiece to alert the medical staff.

"I've got this," I told the two.

I made Vision lift his hand from the wound. Blood started seeping down to the ground. Concentrating, I lifted a hand and directed the bullet out of Wanda's body. Once that was done, I placed a hand against her side and began to heal her. A faint, silver light appeared around my hands as I let my power flow into her body.

After a few moments, Wanda's eyelids fluttered, and she groaned. The puncture closed up and I exhaled deeply.

"Take care of her," I ordered, before joining the fight against the Winter Soldier.

Bucky had thrown Natasha against a stone column. After a quick assess, I found that nothing was broken. Steve was now fighting against Bucky.

"Bucky, it's me! Steve!"

Bucky didn't reply, landing a nasty right hook into Steve's jaw. The captain went down, and the soldier went to run for it, only find that his metal arm wasn't moving with him but keeping him back.

I walked towards Bucky slowly.

"Bucky?" I whispered.

The soldier looked at me sharply.

"Traitor," he spat.

I didn't let the words go to heart. Yes, I was a traitor. But I betrayed HYDRA for a good reason.

I moved closer to Bucky. He swung a fist at my face. I blocked it and swept his feet from underneath him. I made his metal arm stick to the floor.

Steve ran over to me.

"Hold him down," I said.

Steve nodded and put his knees on the soldiers legs and held his arm down. I kneeled at the Winter Soldier's head. I placed my hands on the sides of his head. I took a deep breath and began the healing process.

Steve POV

Y/n placed her hands on either side of Bucky's head. Her eyes began glowing silver, and a silver glow encased her hands.

Steve watched the woman work. Her hands twitched every now and then and a frown adorned her face. Her eyes closed and her frown deepened.

Bucky screamed. It was one of the worst sounds he had ever heard.

And then y/n began screaming. He felt the pain in his soul. Steve grabbed her wrist. She opened her eyes and an explosion of silver light propelled him away.

Steve landed hard and rolled. When he looked up, he saw Bucky in a sitting position.

"How do you feel?" Y/n asked quietly.

Steve watched as she grabbed Bucky's hand. A pang of jealousy went through him at the touch.

"I... I feel... free."

The words made Steve crumble. He walked to his best friend and hugged him.

"Thank you," he whispered to y/n.

She just smiled.

"It was the least I could do."

A/N

I hope you enjoyed chapter 12!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson