Chapter Eleven

I lay in my bed, just staring at the ceiling. After Bucky confronted me about my crush on Steve, I'd been thinking about him a lot more. Not that I hadn't already been thinking about him, but now I thought of him every minute of the day.

I looked at my alarm clock. 9:30am. I sighed. I had been up for an hour, just staring at the ceiling, thinking of Steve like some lovesick schoolgirl.

A loud bring echoed through my room. I looked at my phone to see a text message from Wanda.

Hey N/n, Nat and I are going shopping and wanted to invite you. If you can come, we'll meet you in the common room in an hour xx

I smiled. Wanda was so kind. She always made me feel included. The others did too, but Wanda went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable.

I'd love to come, thanks for inviting me! I'll meet you in an hour xx

I got up and headed to my bathroom. I turned the heat up and stood there, just thinking.

Being apart of the Avengers was a lot different to what I'd thought it would be. I wasn't constantly saving the world from alien attacks or risking my life. Thing were... I wouldn't say chill, but they weren't exactly hard. I had only risked my life once for the Avengers and that was before I was one.

It was for Steve.

I frustratedly sighed and scrubbed my face.

Everything was Steve. Maybe going out with the girls was a good idea. Keep my mind away from him.

I eventually got out of the shower. I dried my hair and put on a pair of jeans and a f/c shirt. I applied my usual amount of makeup and checked the time. I had 20 minutes until I had to meet the girls. I decided to go to the kitchen and grab something to eat because it was on the same floor.

Once I got to the kitchen, I looked through the pantry. There wasn't really anything I wanted. I searched through the shelves until I found the perfect thing.

Pop-tarts.

There wasn't a name on the box, so I helped myself to a couple. I put them in the toaster and busied myself with grabbing a plate. Once they popped out of the toaster, I grabbed them straight away, cursing at how hot they were.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

I looked over to the doorway to see Steve standing in the frame.

"Do what?" I asked, taking a bite out of the pop-tart.

Steve shook his head.

"Those are Thor's pop-tarts," he said.

"I didn't see a name on the box," I said, shrugging. "Besides, I can buy him more. I'm getting paid way to much for sitting on my ass."

Steve chuckled and slid his hands into his pockets.

"You don't just do that. You've been doing paperwork," he added at my raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, while sitting down."

Steve laughed.

"You're stubborn, you know that?"

"I aim to impress," I said, giggling.

Steve rolled his eyes playfully.

"Are you doing anything today?" Steve asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but Wanda entered the room. I closed my mouth.

"Hey y/n!" Wanda looked between me and Steve. "Sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"No, no it's fine," I said. "I'm going out with Wanda and Nat."

I aimed the last part at Steve. Steve nodded.

"Well, have fun."

He walked away. I sighed and bit into my last pop-tart viciously. Wanda looked at me suspiciously. I shook my head.

"I'll tell you later," I muttered.

She nodded and started talking about something else. God, I loved her. She was such an amazing friend. Natasha entered the kitchen a few minutes later.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

Wanda and I jumped up. We got in the elevator and headed to the garage. Natasha spun the keys around her index finger. We reached a black sports car. Wanda got in the back while I got in the passenger seat.

"So, y/n, are you interested in anyone?" Natasha asked.

I froze. Should I tell them? They were my closest friends, but I had only known them for a few weeks. I took a deep breath. I could trust them.

"Yes..." I said.

Natasha was silent, waiting for me to reveal who it was.

"It's Steve," I muttered, feeling intimidated.

"My ship is beginning to sail," Wanda said, punching the air.

"Are we the first to know?" Natasha asked me.

"No..." I said quietly.

"You told someone else first?" Wanda gasped.

"No, it's not like that. Bucky just... figured it out. Before even I did," I explained.

"Huh," Natasha mused.

We drove on, talking about everything and anything.

After ten minutes of driving, my phone rang.

"It's Steve," I said.

"Answer it!" Wanda squealed.

I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"We need you three back at the tower. Now."

"What's wrong?" I frantically asked.

Natasha and Wanda looked at me.

"Bucky's had a relapse. We've got him contained but we need Wanda to hold his mind until T'Challa and Shuri can help."

"Okay, we're on our way," I said, and hung up.

"Bucky's had a relapse," I said to the girls. "We need to go back. Now."

Natasha nodded and turned the car around. We sped back towards the tower, breaking lots of road laws.

We barely got into the garage before a figure jumped in front of us and smashed their fist into the hood. The car flipped through the air. I held it mid-air, forcing it to land on the ground gently. The figure continued running for the exit. I recognised it as Bucky.

Captain America's shield flew through the air and hit the other super soldier in the back of his knees. He fell, but quickly turned and got back up.

Wanda started to use her powers. Red wisps flew through the air towards Bucky. They grabbed a hold of the soldier. Bucky struggled against the power, but his efforts were futile. He wasn't escaping.

Wanda advanced towards the soldier. She placed her hands on his temples and her eyes glowed red. After a moment, she shook her head with a look of utmost fear on her face.

"I can't get in," she whispered.

A/N

Don't you just love Wanda? I do.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed chapter 11!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson