Chapter Seven

Everyone stared at me in shock.

Fury lifted an eyebrow.

"A few days ago, you wanted nothing to do with the Avengers. What changed?"

"I want to erase the mistakes I've made. I don't want to be the Steel Soldier anymore; I want to be Lady Silver."

The Avengers were once again left in shock as I revealed my other identity. The identity that Hydra had given me, the person hydra had wanted me to be.

Nick Fury nodded his head.

"Then, Y/n, welcome to the Avengers."

I smiled and he nodded.

"I want you all to show her around and play nice," Fury said, talking to the rest of the Avengers.

He then left the room, and I felt a bit uncomfortable. The silence in the room was deafening. Tony cleared his throat.

"Well, Y/n, I guess I'll get you a room set up."

He then proceeded to take out a tablet and leave the meeting room.

"I'll show you around," Steve said, rising from his chair.

"It was nice to sort of meet you all," I said quickly to the rest of the avengers.

Steve and I left the room, and the tour began. Steve showed me the living area, the labs and even the party deck, which was pretty impressive. The last thing on the list was the training rooms. When we arrived, Wanda, Vision, Natasha, and Bucky were training. Natasha and Bucky were sparring, while Vision threw things at Wanda and she caught them with her powers.

I watched Natasha and Bucky spar. Natasha was an exceptional fighter. She dodged almost every single blow that Bucky tried to land, but Bucky was the same. There wasn't really much happening, but I was still enthralled by the way Natasha fought. Each movement flowed like water through a stream.

Vision stopped throwing things at Wanda when he noticed me.

"Hello, Miss l/n," he said looking at me.

"Uh... h-hi," I stuttered.

Everyone else in the training room looked at me. Wanda gave me a small smile, while Bucky and Natasha just stared. It was getting a bit awkward, but luckily Steve jumped in.

"I don't think you've all been properly introduced. Everyone, this in Y/n. Y/n, this Wanda, Vision, Natasha, and Bucky," he said, gesturing to everyone.

I smiled a bit, and, to my surprise, Natasha gave me a smile back.

"Want to spar?" she asked me.

I grinned.

"I'd love to," I replied.

She gestured to the mat and I walk towards it. We stood facing each other for a moment before she attacked. She kicked out, attempting to kick me in the ribs, but I blocked it. I then went on the offensive, kicking and punching. I landed a few blows, but she dodged and blocked the rest. We were pretty evenly matched.

Slowly, the rest of the Avengers entered the training room to watch Natasha and I spar. Natasha aimed a punch at my face, and I dodged, but she punched me in the stomach. Natasha went to kick me in the ribs, but I twirled out of the way. I then kicked her in the side, but she moved with the kick, making it less forceful. I let out a little giggle at the fact that neither of us were able to take the other down. Natasha looked at me for a moment before beginning to laugh too. The longer we laughed, the harder it was to stop. I began wheezing and Natasha fell to the floor clutching her stomach.

"What's going on?" I heard Clint whisper.

I took deep breaths to calm myself, and shakily stood up, holding out a had to Natasha. She took it and I helped her up. She smiled at me, slightly confused, and I smiled back.

"Oh no," Tony said, "the two assassins are friends."

The smile dropped from my face. I looked down at the ground, fighting back tears as I remembered all of the horrible things I'd done.

I felt an arm around my shoulder, and I looked to see Tony with his arm around me. Everyone's eyes widened. I pushed Tony's arm off of my shoulders.

"Sorry, my bad," I said, looking at the ground. Everyone looked at me confused.

"What did you do wrong?" Steve asked me. I took a deep breath.

"Hydra did something to me that makes people drop their guard and feel comfortable around me. Apparently, I 'lacked charm' so they did something to me, and I emit charisma and it makes people feel calm and familiar around me," I said, twisting my hands.

"That's why I was laughing," Natasha said, and I nodded.

"Sometimes I forget it tone it down," I said quietly.

Everyone stayed silent, and I was about to crack a joke to lighten the mood, when an alarm went off.

Steve's face hardened.

"Intruders," he said, looking around.

Tony pulled up a hologram that showed the camera feeds. There were at least ten people rushing up the stairway to the training room, while more ran through the building.

"Tony, Clint, Wanda, and Vision, I want you four to take care of the ones upstairs. Sam, Bucky, Natasha, and y/n, you're with me in here," Steve commanded.

Team A went up in the elevator while team B waited for the other intruders to reach them.

"Are you ready to prove that you have what it takes to be an Avenger?" Sam asked me cockily.

"I was born ready," I said as the doors to the training rooms burst open.

A/N

Hello. I haven't updated this fic in forever. I was more focused on my Loki x Reader but now I will be finishing this fic. I hope you enjoyed!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3