Chapter Eight

A storm of bullets attacked us the moment the doors were kicked open, but I stopped all of them mid-air. I ripped the guns out of all of the intruders' hands with my power and pointed them at the intruders. All of the intruders slowly put their hands up, knowing that they had been defeated in less than 5 seconds.

"We didn't even have to move," Sam whispered from behind me.

"I can't believe you doubted her," Bucky said, shaking his head.

"I didn't doubt her."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I did not."

"What was 'Are you ready to prove that you have what it takes to be an Avenger' all about then?" Bucky mocked.

"I was just-"

"That's enough children," Natasha said, rubbing her temples.

Steve looked at me and smiled.

"Well done, y/n."

For some reason, his praise made me feel proud, and slightly flustered.

The intruders were taken care of and everyone retired to the lounge room.

"So, did you take anyone down?" Tony asked cockily.

"She took down the entire squad! By herself!" Sam exclaimed, waving his arms around.

Unfortunately, he hit Bucky in the face. Bucky decided the best way to deal with this was to tackled Sam to the ground.

"BOYS!" Natasha yelled.

They immediately stopped fighting and looked up at Natasha guiltily.

"Sorry," they both muttered.

"I swear, we're not this immature," Clint said.

Natasha, Bruce, and Wanda snorted.

"Well, after that lie, let's get shawarma!" Tony called.

Everyone got up excitedly.

"What's shawarma?" I whispered to Steve.

He chuckled.

"It's kind of similar to a Greek souvlaki," Sam replied. "We usually get takeout after a battle."

I snorted.

"It's not like you did anything. I get your share," I called, racing to the elevator.

"What? No fair!" Sam called after me, trying to catch up.

"I swear, you're all children," Natasha said shaking her head.

"At least she fits in," I heard Bucky say.

We eventually got to the shawarma place without any injuries. I, unfortunately, didn't get Sam's share. I sat in between Steve and Wanda.

"Wow, your hair is so soft," Wanda said, running her fingers through my h/c hair.

I laughed nervously.

"Thanks," I said. "Your hair is pretty."

"So, what are you interested in?" Bucky asked me, shovelling food into his mouth.

"I'm... I'm not sure," I replied uneasily.

Everyone looked at me strangely.

"What? I haven't spoken to anyone or done anything for myself in 19 years," I snapped.

Everyone looked away awkwardly. Bucky just looked at me sympathetically. Steve placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We'll make them pay," Natasha said, looking me dead in the eyes.

I nodded slowly. There was a bit of silence before Sam started another conversation, the topic being the difference between cereal and soup.

"It's the same thing!" Sam exclaimed.

"You're an idiot," Bruce said exasperatedly.

"No, no, he's got a point," Bucky argued.

"I think I'm losing braincells just listening to them," I muttered, causing Steve to laugh.

The rest of the dinner was fun. We spoke about everything, and I got to know the avengers better.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed chapter 8!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson