Chapter Two

Three months later

Steve POV

"I got something."

Tony's voice came from the doorway of the lounge. Steve turned around to look at him, as did the rest of the Avengers.

"What is it?" Steve asked, standing up from the couch.

The Avengers had been looking for the woman who had been in the Hydra base for three months. They hadn't found anything. Tony's Iron Man suit got a picture of the woman, but there were no matches. It was as if she didn't exist.

Tony pulled up a hologram and showed them a video of a woman walking past a drain and a few coins flying into her hands.

"How is that something?" asked Sam.

Tony rolled his eyes.

"I think that this woman can manipulate metal because she threw me while I was in my metal suit, but she didn't throw Natasha because she wasn't wearing a metal suit."

"I think you're grasping at straws," Clint said and sat back down. "I mean, how do we know it's even the same person?"

"Well," Tony said with a smirk on his face, "I found out who she is as well."

Tony pulled up another hologram page and on it was information on the woman.

"Y/n l/n, daughter of m/n and f/n l/n, aged 26. Parents died a week after she went missing. Look familiar?" he said to Steve and Natasha.

Steve looked at a photo of the girl. She looked almost the same as the woman from the Hydra base, but not exactly the same.

"She looks extremely similar, but not the same," Steve said.

"Obviously, she doesn't look the exact same, Capsicle," Tony said while rolling his eyes. "She hasn't been seen since she was 7. This is just technology estimating what she would look like."

Steve looked at the information. When the woman had refused his help and fought against him, he thought that she might be with Hydra. Maybe she was. Or maybe she was like Bucky, taken away. Steve felt a pang as he looked towards the other super soldier. Tony had forgiven him, but they were still edgy around each other. Steve felt horrible for everything that his best friend had been through. If he could help someone else, he would.

"What else do we know? Any files from hydra?" Natasha asked, crossing her arms.

Tony shook his head.

"All I know for a fact is that she's a super soldier."

Steve looked at the photo of the woman.

"Where do we start?"

Your POV

I tensed as a knock sounded at the door.

"I'll get it," my roommate called.

I quickly walked into my bedroom and got the duffel bag from underneath my bed and put it on top of the bed. I looked out of the open window for a moment, feeling a nice breeze on my face. I sighed, going to my bedroom door, and opening it just enough so that I could see the front door.

My roommate, Gillian had opened the door and was talking to someone. I couldn't see who she was talking to, though, because the door was in the way.

After a moment Gillian called my name.

"Someone's here for you," she said opening the door wider. From my room I saw the man from the base I escaped from – Steve Rogers. He looked towards my door. We made eye contact for a second, before I slammed the door shut.

"Y/n wait!" he called out.

There was knocking at my door. I bent the metal of the door handle so that it wouldn't open. Steve tried to open the door, but I wasn't having it. In one smooth motion, I leapt onto the bed, grabbed my duffel bag, moved the door handle back to how it was and jumped out of the window. I used the iron in my body to help me float gracefully down to the alleyway floor. I probably would have gone splat if I had just jumped.

I looked up to the window and saw Steve looking out of it. He spotted me and I gave him a mocking salute and melted into the crowd.

While walking aimlessly down the street I began to think. They knew my name. The Avengers knew my name, where I was living and who knows what else. Maybe they had information on my past. Not that it would really matter, seeing as I was only seven when I was taken from my parents. Suddenly, the crowd made me uneasy. I felt like someone was going to grab me and run.

I found the closest motel and got a room. Once I was in the room, I got into the shower.

I stood under the water flow, thinking of a plan.

Suddenly, I knew what I had to do.

A/N

Thank you for reading chapter 2! What do you think y/n has to do?? Lil bit of a cliff hanger but that's okay. I hope you enjoyed, my lovelies <3

P.S. Meme isn't mine

~ LadyLokiLaufeyson